free website stats program upgrade exhaust but keep the sound down | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrade exhaust but keep the sound down

the monster ovals can be used without any other upgrade on 2009 and up glides, they have a really nice sound and you can hear the stereo over them , if i had to have pipes on my 09 ultra these are what i would have

Thanks Hobbit, I am planning to add a K&N AC and fueler too. I really do like the look of the monsters but not so much the price.

Thanks Hobbit, I am planning to add a K&N AC and fueler too. I really do like the look of the monsters but not so much the price.

:D thanks for all input,, I pickup some SE 4" with fishtails. nice thing about the SE if i don't like the fishtail i can change them out, put a Van hines A/C
Not sure on the Tunner, i'm still debaiting to put a cam in, I like the way everybody talks about the TFI
Right now i have the back wheel off getting a new tire, adding some goodies,
But i going to have do something hear soon, I will have all these new parts and won't beable to ride.

I also found a set of take off's front and rear wheels and tires. all new, tire still has the rubber nubs. for $ 400 is this a good deal?:D

:bigsmiley6:I just ordered a set of Rush slash cuts that were on special and hope their not loud. I asked the parts guy and he told me they were next quietest to SE but $200 cheeper, and as good of quality.He also recomended a SE stage 1 AC and stage 1 download to accomplish my goal of cooler running + better efficency.

Any Opinions on this recomendation?

:bigsmiley6:I just ordered a set of Rush slash cuts that were on special and hope their not loud. I asked the parts guy and he told me they were next quietest to SE but $200 cheeper, and as good of quality.He also recomended a SE stage 1 AC and stage 1 download to accomplish my goal of cooler running + better efficency.

Any Opinions on this recomendation?
I think you'll be happy with that setup, I have not heard those mufflers but sounds like you're parts man has and sounds like the price is right. Congrats :)

My brothers 04 ultra has S.E. mufflres with dual head pipes and my 07 ultra has monster ovals and they are pretty much the same sound levels, I like the fact I can listen to my tunes at crusing sppeds but when you crack the throttle they both have a throathy roar to them I would vote for either of these set ups

I've got an 010 EGC stock. Put on the HD Screamin Eagle FatShotz slip ons. They Sound good accelarating and get real quiet cruising. With my full face helmet I can barely hear them at cruise speed, (55 to 75 mph.} And they look great, I tour also, and don't like too much noise all day long, these are the nicest sounding slipons I've had in my opinion and I've had alot of them in the past. I'm on my 4th Electra Glide, and like I said, I can do 5 to 600 miles with out that exhaust note resonating inside my helmet with these mufflers. Hope this helps you.

I have a '05 Heritage that I bought used that has the baffles removed on the stock mufflers. I got a set of Harley slip ons, Shorty Dual, Slash Down (80378-00) per recommendation of the local HD dealer. Does anyone know how the sound will compare, stock mufflers w/o the baffles vs. HD slip ons? I've been told that the HD slip ons will be too quiet. How will these affect performance?

Thanks for the response, I do have a SE air cleaner kit that I wanted to install, also have a dyno jet thunderslide kit (carb'ed unit). I was going to some more research before installing the thunderslide though, I have read that mpg will go down, though not sure why, if it's jetted properly.

Back