free website stats program update on the 74 shovel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

update on the 74 shovel

Not much difference in '69-'70, mainly cover. I would take the kicker cover off again and look closely at items 27,28, & 33 in Jack's diagram. I have had #33 break before. When you place the kicker cover on do you put the kicker arm in a 10 'o clock position? It won't go on right without doing that.
tourbox
I pulled the clutch hub back off and was able to slowly get the engine to free up. We're in the process of removing the primary hub to look at the timing gears and the lower end, for any damage. Keeping my fingers crossed everything checks out.

Am I understanding the manual correctly? You either have pushrod adjustment with adjustable tappets or by adjusting the pushrod length. If so what is the correct pushrod adjustment with a dry and clean hydraulic tappet?

Maybe you could also explain why "instruction manuals", don't instruct very well? Thank you for providing me with good instructions. :small3d028:

I really cant, I do know there was a mistake on the cam end play in ALL the early manuals It ruined many an engine

Maybe you could also explain why "instruction manuals", don't instruct very well? Thank you for providing me with good instructions. :small3d028:

The factory service manuals are written for the trained tech's so a lot of experience and knowledge is assumed and therefore not included

Brian

Back