free website stats program Undecided about slip-ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Undecided about slip-ons

im running SE 4" touring slip ons w/ decatted head pipes. my SG has a nice deep sound and its not obnoxious when you roll on the throttle. could be a little louder but im picky and dont want to mess around changing out mufflers and wasting money on something that will not sound any better than what i have.

I've got the 3.5" Fuel Moto Dyno Tuned slip ons. They are louder than stock but they are not a real loud muffler. Loud enough for a touring machine. Excellent quality, performance, price and service. They now make a 4" slip on that I believe is louder. You can also get different baffles.

I'm making my exhuast purchase tomorrow and have narrowed down to the Monster Round -vs- the Rinehart 4 Inch slip-ons. Still not sure which one.

This isn't an easy decision, when your sinking that amount of money and you want it to be for sure what you want.

I tried the Monster Rounds first with cat and liked the sound. Not too loud for all day touring.
However removing the cat and using V&H Power Duals with the MR's was too loud for all day riding.
Finally ended up with Power Duals and stock mufflers (with TFI).

Dave

I'm running the V&H Monster Ovals with V&H Power Dual Headers on my 09 Road King - absolutely love the look, sound and increased power.

I've had Rush true duel head pipes and slip ons on my FLHTC for twelve years - No rust or bluing. You can unwrap/cut the baffles to get the sound you want. The benefit is you can almost change out from heads to slip-ons with Rush for the price you would pay for some of the other big name slip-ons only. Just my two pennies worth.

Back