free website stats program Undecided about slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Undecided about slip-ons

Jick Scott

Will do my stage 1 upgrade next month, just can't seem to decide on a set of slip-ons. I don't want to set off car alarms as I go by, but I want them to think about going off. V & H seem to have the rumble I'm looking for, but not sure which ones would be the choice I want. Would appreciate your comments and experience.

Will do my stage 1 upgrade next month, just can't seem to decide on a set of slip-ons. I don't want to set off car alarms as I go by, but I want them to think about going off. V & H seem to have the rumble I'm looking for, but not sure which ones would be the choice I want. Would appreciate your comments and experience.

Check out your local dealer, they hang different exhaust on floor models, ask them to fire them up, may also check you tube for sound bites:s

V& H Monster Ovals have a great deep and throaty sound, without being too loud or too quiet. They breath real good too, so the Stage-1 will work good for ya.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Like RibEye suggested - lot of touring riders like MO's for the look/sound/performance. Another good option are HD SE pipes & most dealers sell both. Go take a look & strike a deal.

I have V&H Hi-Output slip on's on my 2010 FLHTK and I really like them. They have a nice rumble, and just the right loudness when touring. I did change out my headers to get rid of the cat's. I went with V&H Power Duals with a stage 1 and PCV.

Regardless of the slip-ons you might want to consider upgrading to the V&H 2-1-2 'crossover pipe' and new header pipes. With the MOs you'll get a nice rumble!

Regardless of the slip-ons you might want to consider upgrading to the V&H 2-1-2 'crossover pipe' and new header pipes. With the MOs you'll get a nice rumble!

2-1-2 is a good suggestion, I'm going to put the Fullsac X-Pipe on in the spring - three reasons 1) allows you to use the stock heat shields (going for a less-modern look on my bike, dont need to advertise the cross over), 2) ceramic coated 3) reasonable price

My hope is that will give me a bit of extra bark over the stock headers

Back