free website stats program Ultra Classic Seat Height | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Seat Height

On my 09UC, I bougth the lowering kit for the front, and used shorter shocks on the back. It really helped getting my feet in contact with the ground, but I really have to watch cornering as it doesn't take a lot of lean to start scrapping the boards. At my age, I don't get real aggrestive on the twisties anyway.

I have an 04 Ultra Classic and have the same problem. I rode an 09 Street Glide about 300 miles yesterday and love the lower shocks. It was so nice being able to stand flat footed and seemed a lot more controllable. I'll be upgrading to the lower shocks, front and rear, and then sending my seat into MeanCityCycles this winter to lower the seat, and make the front narrower.

I have an 09 Ultra. When I bought it, the dealership had already had the seat redone by Sports Drive, in Knoxville TN. I cannot believe the comfort. Apparently they reduce some of the padding, reshape the seat, and add gel. I know there are some on this site that complain about gel, but it's easily the best seat I've ever sat on, and I've had many motorcycles. I just came back from a 4000 mile trip, and I could literally ride all day with no discomfort. If I bought a motorcycle from another dealer, the first thing I'd do is contact Sports Drive, and have them redo the seat.

Incidentally, a girlfriend of mine made quite a hole in the seat with her spiked heal, and I contact them in Knoxville about a repair. The couldn't have been nicer, and I've made arrangements to get the repair done on the spot when I go to Knoxville. Here's a link to their business....if you poke around, you'll find the motorcycle part:

Sports Drive Seating - About Sports Drive

I have an 09 Electra glide, in past posts I have stated that I had a Burley slam kit on mine that lowered both the front and rear, then installed the reach seat. I stand 5 foot 5 inches tall and I now sit flat footed on the ground. With the Mrs. on the back (she weighs about a buck) I have no problems bottoming out and I do not scrap the floor boards unless I am being real aggresive. Overall it is the most comfortable ride I have ever owned this is the nicesest ride yet. I sold the air shocks they took my bike on E-bay and that all but paid for the cost of the slam kit less labor.

I've been looking for the slam kit, but can't find it. I see the lowering brackets but am leery of them. I want to lower my UC about an inch but between my wife and I we're prolly tipping the scales at 350 (mostly me) and I don't want to get into bottoming out. What is the best kit and yes, price is an issue.

I
Incidentally, a girlfriend of mine made quite a hole in the seat with her spiked heal, and I contact them in Knoxville about a repair. [/url]

Ummmm, I'm sure there must be more to this story. :s

I sent my seat to meancitycycles, the cut foam and added memory foam, it helped alot, I am vertically challenged.....

I have an '03 UC that has the cartridge in the left side of the front forks. But HD makes a lowering kit for the front end! I have the front and rear lowered with HD stuff AND a Reach seat. At 5'-6" wearing 36x30 jeans and HD Faded Glory boots, I sit flat footed with my feet out from the bike (not straight down). This is very comfortable. But definitely lower front AND rear evenly. Dropping YOU down an additional inch or so REALLY helps the stability of the ride. That and packing all the heavy stuff low in the bags.

TQ

Time 2cruise, I had the dealer install the "Burly" Slam Kit. It is real easy to do and if you have any mechanical skills what so ever you can do it yourself. The only reason I had the dealer do it was because they installed it for free.
Here is the Link to their website.
Burly Brand : Product Search

Back