free website stats program Ultra Classic Seat Height | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Seat Height

98-Fatboy

Hey I have a question for someone out there with a Electric Glide… is there a way to lower the frame/seat height down a little bit so I can stand flat footed without having to basically reposition myself on the seat every time I come to a stop… I just recently moved up from a 98 Fatboy to a 98 Ultra Classic, the nice thing with the Fatboy was when I came to a stop I could stand flat footed without moving myself around on the bike but I can’t do that with my Ultra Classic… anybody with some advice to what I can do here would be greatly appreciated…

There are lowering kits you can buy,the ones that have lowered them say its best to lower front and rear.You can also just buy a different seat.one designed to lower you.Mustang and Corbin both offer them.

The reach seat will give you about what a lowering kit or changing th rear shocks will do, and that is about an inch.I have one on my 03 classic.

I'm a pretty short guy and was looking for all the leg reach I could get. I did both the reach seat and front/rear suspension lowering. Gave me a full 2" combined, but would caution that reach seat moves you and inch or so forward and also changes your position relative to handlebar reach.

I have short shocks on my Ultra now. My old Ultra had a lowering kit. I think I like the shocks better. My old bike would bottom out with the wife on it, she ain't very big, bout 120. This bike with short shocks seems smother and does not bottom out. I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam. Still can't stand flat. Hunting a seat now. I belive the seat and short shocks will do the trick for me, might be good for you also.

I also added an inch to the souls of my boots , let me change back from the reach seat to the road zepplin , I am 5 '6 and reach almost flat footed ,

The "reach seat" is definetly the way to go. As smitty pointed out you gain inseam advantage with this set up. I have stubby little legs (28" inseam) but can easily flat-foot with this seat. And I didn't have to resort to the added expense of lowering the suspension.

I have an 09 Electra glide, in past posts I have stated that I had a Burley slam kit on mine that lowered both the front and rear, then installed the reach seat. I stand 5 foot 5 inches tall and I now sit flat footed on the ground. With the Mrs. on the back (she weighs about a buck) I have no problems bottoming out and I do not scrap the floor boards unless I am being real aggresive. Overall it is the most comfortable ride I have ever owned this is the nicesest ride yet. I sold the air shocks they took my bike on E-bay and that all but paid for the cost of the slam kit less labor.

Be careful , if you lower the bike it reduces the travel on your suspention, and makes the ride stiffer. I have a road king that is lowered front and back (5' 6") and I feel every bump

Back