free website stats program Two week May Roadtrip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Two week May Roadtrip

Thanks for all the responses so far.

We'll be leaving from Falls Church, VA (just West of Washington DC) on May 7th.

Now, in my mind we would go clockwise. I don't know why not, but it never dawned on me we could go counter-clockwise :). Would there be an advantage?

Anyway, as I see Key-West roughly as our halfway point, we'd have to be there on Sunday, May 13th. Sounds like a good day to enjoy Jack's Mallory Square.

Just guessing now, but if we can keep to the schedule we would be cruising through Suwanee (and check out the Don's seafood) on about the 16th of May.

The 17/18th of May we would be closing in on the Great Smokey Mountains and pass through the Dr's territory to thank him for the USS North Carolina suggestion!

Sorry breeze, but I think Pensacola will be too much of a deviation, especially since I cruised through there in 2003 on a brand new anniversary model ultra from Eaglerider on our way from Orlando to Las Vegas.

This time I'll be riding my own 2003 Ultra, but it's not so brand new....

thanks, and keep y'all posted

I am in Brevard County. You'll be coming right by. Dont have any retired military ships for you to look at but I got cold beer and few watering holes around. Fellow Virginian to boot!

As the time gets closer and you know if you'll be winding or unwinding the clock give us a reminder and I will make plans for dinner.

Brevard County, sorry Bodeen, but I had to google that. Looks like it's around the Cape Canaveral area. We'll be cruising through there on 1 South indeed.

As we like to ride at sunrise, we are always on the lookout for a cold brew as the sun is over the yardarm :s

Yep. Deffinatly see the Yorktown. They have a nice area and it will take several hours or a good part of the day [if I remember right] to see everything. There is also the Hundley sub. That's the Civil war sub. I think it's in So. Carolina. It's hard to find [atleast when I saw it about 10 years ago] but it's worth it.

Pim; Once you get to the Ft. Pierce area, US1 and A1A become very congested and can be a pain to ride in the afternoon heat. Yes, there is a lot of Florida "flavor" to be seen on the coast route, esp. in the West Palm Beach, Miami area, but I'd suggest mapping an alternate route farther west (toll road) that you can jump on if you get burned out or behind schedule.

Pim; Once you get to the Ft. Pierce area, US1 and A1A become very congested and can be a pain to ride in the afternoon heat. Yes, there is a lot of Florida "flavor" to be seen on the coast route, esp. in the West Palm Beach, Miami area, but I'd suggest mapping an alternate route farther west (toll road) that you can jump on if you get burned out or behind schedule.

Indeed, If you plan on The Keys If you want to avoid the traffic in Miami, I would take the Turnpike say starting some where North of Miami, The exist is at US1 in Florida City then straight into the keys. Miami is OK but it is stop and go, unless you want to see South Beach I would pass JMO

Back