free website stats program *Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

*Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions

If the stock main jet is a 190, why would that be too rich? I think I'm gonna leave the 190 in there first, go with the 46 slow jet, the EZ just mixture screw, and the washers under the needle and see what happens. I'll post results when available.
Thanks for your help :bigsmiley12:.

Oh yeah, and for anyone else who has a hard time seating the diaphram here's a little tip a buddy told me about that helped me a lot. Put just the diaphram in the freezer for 1-2 hours and it will contract enough to make it easier to get it to seat in the groove. Just be careful with it cause if you freeze it too long it might get brittle.

If the stock main jet is a 190, why would that be too rich?

From experience I found that the throttle will be a bit mushy with a 190 jet.
A 180/185 is more than enough for a good throttle response.

Try what I posted above to test the main jet and see what you get.

From experience I found that the throttle will be a bit mushy with a 190 jet.
A 180/185 is more than enough for a good throttle response.

What do you mean by "mushy"???

Try what I posted above to test the main jet and see what you get.

Will do.

Is it possible that the vaccuum petcock is defective and it's not supplying enough gas to the carb? How do I check it? My old Ironhead Sporty, I would just disconnect the fuel line at the carb and open the petcock and fuel would run out. With this vaccuum petcock, nothing runs out. How would I drain my tank, if I wanted to? I'd like to see if I have a steady stream of gas flowing out the fuel line, or if there's any dirt coming out with the gas, but that doesn't seem like it's possible to do. Is there any fuel filter anywhere, other than the screen on the petcock inside the tank? Was thinking about putting an inline clear filter on, but it would have to go under the tank and then I wouldn't be able to see it while I was riding. I see they make an aftermarket kit for about $20 where I can bypass the vaccuum petcock completely and just make it gravity fed. Any feelings on these things, or should I just leave the petcock the way it is? I've also seen on some posts that there is a drain screw at the bottom of the float bowl on some of these CV carbs. I don't see one on mine. No vaccuum line at the bottom either. There is a vaccuum line at the top of the carb that goes back to the petcock. If I bypass the vaccuum petcock, I guess I would just plug up both vaccuum holes, correct???
Thanks. :D

You can take a piece of hose the same size as the vacuum hose on the petcock and draw a vacuum with your mouth or a vacuum pump and the fuel should flow then. There's a screen inside the tank (filter like) that will stop any large pieces of anything from entering the line but the finer silt can go right through it.
Many just replace the vacuum petcock with a Pingle valve Pingel Fuel Valves or other brands and eliminate the possibility of a malfunction which could load your engine crank case with fuel. Just plug the vacuum line if you go this route with a small nipple near the carb.
You should have the drain screw on the float bowl but I have seen a few that didn't have one. Look in between the cylinders from the horn side of the bike.
The line at the bottom of the carb is a drain line , not a vacuum line.

CVFloatbowlRR.png

Thanks again Mr. Data.
The bottom of my carb looks just like this picture, other than the fact that there is no drain screw or drain line. Wonder why my carb has neither? It's the stock carb on my 2000 Heritage. Maybe the later models have them. My #46 jet should be in the mail today, so hopefully I can get that installed, set the mixture screw, add the washers on the needle and give it a test ride. Supposed to be close to 80 degrees in Dallas today and almost 90 tomorrow, so weather won't be an issue. :bigsmiley12:

Let us know how it works out with the #46 jet and the other changes.

We have rain and about 40* here today :(

Mr. Data, I put in the two washers and changed the jets per your suggestion and my bike now runs great. Thank you so much

Back