free website stats program Turn Signal/Emergency Flasher Problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signal/Emergency Flasher Problem

I remember a recent similar thread to this. => Left Blinker comes on by itself?? o8 St Glde - Harley Davidson Community The OP did not respond with what the outcome was.

As far as today's thread is concerned, unless you know which wire(s) colors were cut (the insulation cut through) you can not reverse engineer and understand the failure to any degree. It could have been the drive line wires from the TSM,,,just don't know. As far as I know, the TSM has "crowbar circuit" protection against dead shorts on the output lines. It would be a bad move on the MOCO not to have that built into the TSM.

There are too many possibilities. Can't come to any conclusions without actually knowing which wires were at fault.

Yes from what I have read you are absolutely correct in that it IS (was) the TSM that caused the lights to flash as they did as a warning of the issue. And if I ever have this same problem I am first gonna first try tracing it down with your TSM probe of pertinant schematic given pins. Seem this to be the most time and effort effective way of tracking it down. Course admittedly even after tracking it down I would still have to disassemble and find the culprit. But at least I would know whereas it was at.

Turn signals on my 2002 Harley FLTRI are acting crazy. When I push turn signal, flashers come on, then When I turn them off and push right turn, left turn comes on. When i turn that off and push again flashers may come on again. Don't know if it's the flasher module or turn signal module. It does have a factory security system.

Man I now have the exact same thing but get this

When I hit a bump or jump on the bike the opposite happens.

IE I turn the left or right turn signal on, hit a bump or jump on bike and emergency flashers come on, yet cancel if I push the same turn signal button. If the flashers come on when pressing the LT or RT buttons and hit a bump the turn signal works.

Sometimes when the turn signal is working at a light I will see the other opposite light flash a bit then back to normal.
REPLACED THE TSM, THAT WANT IT, RAN AROUND HITTING THE BIKE, NOTHING.

Should have read your second post first. You replied to an old post btw, but it seems you have come up with the answer to your problem even though you replaced the TSM. digging back it seems like a worn or bare wire in the signal housing could be a culprit.

Back