free website stats program Tuning Settings Crane Hi-4TC - detonation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuning Settings Crane Hi-4TC - detonation

In the meantime I'll try to set the advance down to 0. If that doesn't work I'll start retarding the initial.

Regarding initial setting. It's already on Zero. You can't make it much lower than that.
You still have not told us what model unit you have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a property about Detonation that needs to be realized. If you can hear Detonation just with your ears going 50 MPH down the road while having all the road and wind noise,, along with the pipes,,, it is a bad case of detonation. Detonation starts out in a NEAR non-audible fashion and ramps up quickly. The sound radiates from the cylinders themselves.

I assure you that you can have detonation before you will hear. If you can hear it with all those other noises around you,, it is a serious case of detonation that must be addressed quickly..

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding initial setting. It's already on Zero. You can't make it much lower than that.
You still have not told us what model unit you have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a property about Detonation that needs to be realized. If you can hear Detonation just with your ears going 50 MPH down the road while having all the road and wind noise,, along with the pipes,,, it is a bad case of detonation. Detonation starts out in a NEAR non-audible fashion and ramps up quickly. The sound radiates from the cylinders themselves.

I assure you that you can have detonation before you will hear. If you can hear it with all those other noises around you,, it is a serious case of detonation that must be addressed quickly..

Detonation can ruin the rods and destroy the pistons quickly:s

Back