free website stats program Tube Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tube Tires

Is there a product on the market that anyone knows of that can fix a flat temp on a tube Tire? I know they can be done on tubeless. How hard is it to fix a flat on the road?

PaPa T

I'm driving to Alabama tomorrow to address this very problem. Picking up a set of 07 LowRider cast wheels so I can run tubeless. :D

Life Member I have used Hog towing many times, It depends on where you are at. Most major cities have a contract with a local bonded tow company that Hog and the dealer will refer you to. I have waited 1 hr plus:s

Yep that's about what I've always had to wait unless you were local in town.

I'm driving to Alabama tomorrow to address this very problem. Picking up a set of 07 LowRider cast wheels so I can run tubeless. :D

I would love to have tubeless even though a flat means a new tire regardless, I want them to prevent blow-outs and the fact that cleaning, polishing and maintaining laced rims are a pain. Just don't have the money right now for them.

I have not used this yet, but I will be giving it a try soon. More of prevention than fix, but IMHO worth a try and most likely better than nothing.

Motorcycles by Inovex Industries, Inc.

I was going to recommend the Ride-On sealant/ balancer also. I've read on another forum where a guy swears by this stuff. He said he had been using it for six years and has never had a flat. If I had tubes this would definitely be in my tires.
YouTube - Ride-On Motorcycle Puncture Demonstration.mp4

I had a roofing nail in the rear tire of the Heritage last summer. Tire was flat when I went out to the parking lot to go home from work. We keep Fix-A-Flat around here for the lawn equipment so I tried it. Aired it up to 38PSI. Got me home. I stayed off the highway and went slower than usual. It was still at 38PSI the next morning. Made it to the local indy I deal with and still had 38PSI when they took it off. I wouldn't trust it to go very far but it worked fine for a couple of short trips.

I swapped my spoked wheels 2 years ago. I sold my spoke wheels for $200 bucks last week. I paid less for my cast wheels then what I got for my spokers. I wish I could do more deals like that.
Ken

I was going to recommend the Ride-On sealant/ balancer also. I've read on another forum where a guy swears by this stuff. He said he had been using it for six years and has never had a flat. If I had tubes this would definitely be in my tires.

I watched that video. It was impressive. I going to contact the company and ask more. At first I get two things watching the video.

1. If it protects blowouts and flats like shown in the video it could save lives and overshadow my second queston.

2. I can't help but wonder how continually riding on a badly punctured tire (while not knowing it has been punctured) might be a future danger. Albeit does seem that such protection would most likely be safer than not even so.

My son had an experience on his Dyna last summer. Right outside Chattanooga, TN. Sitting at a light... I pulled out, looked in mirror, he wasn't coming. Went back. Tire just went flat at light. Of course, it's tubed.

Call Chattanooga HD... they come pick it up and tow back to shop (NO CHARGE!). Then replaced tube. It had a nail in it... slooooow leak. The tired heated up running low air and the tube melted into a lump. Yeah, no amount of Fix-A-Flat was going to fix that!! LOL.

Anyway, all they charged us for was the tire change. Now THAT'S some good service. Especially since we were just passing through and not regular customers!

Back