free website stats program Tssm ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tssm ?

Re: Tssm ? Update

Saturday @ 11 am Cracker barrel in Ormond Beach, sure would be great to put a face with all of you guys, Jack:s

I'm working on it, I really want to come. My friend says he has to go on Friday (he works weekends) and I wanted to go with him. But I also would like to be there Sat to meet you guys. My wife may come with me or maybe not, but I am trying to work something out and be there.

Also my name is Dave, R_W_B is my online name. It is also an old nickname (long story). To put a face on this old man look at this album.
Harley Davidson Community

I'm working on it, I really want to come. My friend says he has to go on Friday (he works weekends) and I wanted to go with him. But I also would like to be there Sat to meet you guys. My wife may come with me or maybe not, but I am trying to work something out and be there.

Also my name is Dave, R_W_B is my online name. It is also an old nickname (long story). To put a face on this old man look at this album.
Harley Davidson Community

Nice Streetbob Dave, one more thing we have in common, hope you can make it, Jack:s

Nice Streetbob Dave, one more thing we have in common, hope you can make it, Jack:s

Ok the trip with my friend fell through, he had something come up. But my wife and I are definitely planning on coming up to Cracker Barrel Sat. We both want to come. She might not make it depending on how she feels toward the end of the week. But I am definitely going to be there myself. We will be driving our cage so if we get caught in traffic we will have the AC since she can't take extended periods of heat exposure. Yea I know it's crazy driving a cage to bike week but actually my tires are getting near replacement anyhow and I don't think I would want to put on 2hrs of 75mph with the current tires.

My wife is not critically ill just so you don't get the wrong impression. She has Multiple Sclerosis which is worse some times more than others. She has had it for many years now but it gets a little worse as she gets older. But they have a lot of new medications for it and most times she does just fine. She loves bikes and biking as much as I do. In fact if it were not for some loss of coordination that the MS has stolen from her she would be riding a Sportster beside me.

But anyhow we do what we can if you know what I mean. And we both are looking forward to meeting you guys. It will be such a great experience to physcially meet and talk to the same guys I have be exchanging and receiving help from since I joined this forum last October. We are just ordinary working people that love bikes and all kinds of people. Looking forward to seeing all you guys. I will be the tall bald guy and my wife is short so many folks call us mut and jeff.

Oh and Jack I can't really tell from your picture but if you're bald that will be another thing we have in common.
R_W_B ( Dave )

Oh and Jack I can't really tell from your picture but if you're bald that will be another thing we have in common.
R_W_B ( Dave ) Indeed, I have a shaved head, The Redhead got tired of being married to a Long Haired Biker:p Looking forward to meeting you and your Misses, sorry to hear of the MS, Capital Jack

... ... ... Indeed, I have a shaved head ... ... Capital Jack

So now after having met you when some guy ribs me and says -I don't know Jack-

I can say -I know Jack-

Sorry just had to say that, couldn't resist.

Bubbie told me,
You're meeting rhe HDT Crew? (the Goofy ones) Hahaha
If so Watch-out for Jack, HE WILL be taking pictures to PROVE he didn't leave Home with out it.
----
I told him,
I hope to meet all the goofy ones and thank them for the help I have recieved from them. I'm kinda goofy myself sometimes. And if Jack brings his camera I will just tilt my bald head towards the sun and he won't need a flash.
----
He replied,
A fine Crew it is !!! and I would LOVE to be involved but next year for sure.

So now after having met you when some guy ribs me and says -I don't know Jack-

I can say -I know Jack-

Sorry just had to say that, couldn't resist.

Bubbie told me,
You're meeting rhe HDT Crew? (the Goofy ones) Hahaha
If so Watch-out for Jack, HE WILL be taking pictures to PROVE he didn't leave Home with out it.
----
I told him,
I hope to meet all the goofy ones and thank them for the help I have recieved from them. I'm kinda goofy myself sometimes. And if Jack brings his camera I will just tilt my bald head towards the sun and he won't need a flash.
----
He replied,
A fine Crew it is !!! and I would LOVE to be involved but next year for sure.

:newsmile100: Would be a real treat to meet Bubbie, I am charging the batteries in the camera, Two bald heads cant be wrong, see u on Saturday, Capital Jack

:newsmile100: Would be a real treat to meet Bubbie, I am charging the batteries in the camera, Two bald heads cant be wrong, see u on Saturday, Capital Jack

Actually now that I think about it I am going to wear my bandana (and vest) otherwise RWB would be Red When Burned in the sun. But if your flash goes dead I could always remove it.

I looked on the map, the Cracker Barrel is a walk in the park, it's right off I-95 at the Exit. Only thing that can keep me from showing up on time would be a extended traffic jam on I-4 or I-95. Hopefully they will have the wildfire smoke under control that have been raging north of Titusville and Mims this week.

I was wondering if anybody knows if Daytona has a park and shuttle service like Leesburg Bikefest does ? My biggest challenge after leaving the Cracker Barrel and meeting you guys, will be finding a place to park my cage at Daytona near enough to walk to the sites.
Appreciate any info anyone has.

My biggest challenge after leaving the Cracker Barrel and meeting you guys, will be finding a place to park my cage at Daytona near enough to walk to the sites.
Appreciate any info anyone has.

I don't see you having a problem. I have never been had cage parking problems, even near Main Street at the core of things. Absolute worse case you pay $5 to park and walk 1 block. Besides, that will be the 1st day of bike week which usually is not that bad. I myself would not even be worried about it. Plus the time of day is on your side.

The heavy area's (North U.S. 1 near the "Iron Horse") is usually the worse area and even there the traffic just moves slow. (slow but moves)

I don't see you having a problem. .... .... .... Absolute worse case you pay $5 to park and walk 1 block. Besides, that will be the 1st day of bike week which usually is not that bad. I myself would not even be worried about it. Plus the time of day is on your side.

The heavy area's (North U.S. 1 near the "Iron Horse") is usually the worse area and even there the traffic just moves slow. (slow but moves)

Wow that is good to hear. I had no idea it was that easy. So there are like quite a few pay to park places within a few blocks of all the action then. That sounds great. Do you remember if they have a time limit on parking.

Anyhow looking forward to connecting a mug shot to that intelligent brain of yours Hoop. Actually I think I saw you in the Cracker Barrel pic that Jack had so much trouble explaining. Maybe this year we can get a whole bunch of folks in the picture. That ought to give his pic tagging talent a challenge.

I haven't been to a bike week in so many yrs I'm embarrassed to say but I'm gonna check the traffic scene out this year and learn all the traffic escape routes and parking so next year I'm taking the bike there.
:newsmile01:

Wow that is good to hear. I had no idea it was that easy. So there are like quite a few pay to park places within a few blocks of all the action then. That sounds great. Do you remember if they have a time limit on parking.

Actually thinking back from past years of all the worse traffic jams I have been in,,, the worse would be Saturday night right directly on Main Street. Even then, the traffic is moving and I always have found parking just 2 blocks away... (pay once and stay as long as you like)

"Destination" in Ormond Beach (during the day) is usually the worst for parking. There are plenty of parking spots, but you have to take the free tram ride to get to the vendors.

There are so many "little events" going on at 1 time in different areas, that the crowd is really broken up. It's not like 1 big event (say NASCAR) and EVERYONE is going to the same exact place.
With bike-week you have Destination on US1 pulling a crowd. You have the Vendors and demo ride at the Speedway Oval track. You have the New Smyrna Beach crowd doing their thing. You have downtown Beach Street going on. You have Oceanside Main Street going on....
Then you have thousands who just like to ride around not really going anywhere...
It's spread out.

Back