free website stats program Truck | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Truck

yea...there you go buy a rice burner truck.......how American of you!!!!!!!:s

The Toyota Tundra is not an import,they are built in the U.S.A. and Canada and 75% of their components are North American unlike the big three anymore.
Just thought I would set the record straight here.
One other thing. Over the last year no one I know personally who works at Toyota has been laid off.:s

The Toyota Tundra is not an import,they are built in the U.S.A. and Canada and 75% of their components are North American unlike the big three anymore.
Just thought I would set the record straight here.
One other thing. Over the last year no one I know personally who works at Toyota has been laid off.:s

Unions and corporate greed in the former Big-3 are big factors in the decline of these companies over the last 25-30 years. They had/have the attitude "business as usual", to heck with quality and innovation. The Honda, Toy, and Nissan plants in NA are not unionized..their employees earn very decent wages and they are considered part of the team..some even have shares and stock options. They feel its "their" company and take pride in their products, instead of "what's in it for me". But thats another story/rant/thread lol

toyotas tundras are built in texas i have one and on the door it reads american 90 percent and japan 10 percent

Profit still goes to JAPAN:USA:USA:USA
Yep. That is the truth.

Do yourself a favor and get a F150. It is the best truck on the road. The 2011 model will be getting the new Coyote 5.0 V8, 400 horse and 400 FPT. I am looking forward to getting a new one next fall.

Still employing American/Canadian workers AND making a profit,maybe the other three behemouths can learn from them!
The big three have been building truck and cars in Canada and the US for a 100 years. The big three employ more than all the imports combined. As far as profits Ford has been posting profits while Toyota is losing millions along with all the recalls.

Yeah, but the recall was for a silly floor mat getting loose and fouling the accelerator pedal...whoda thunk?!!!

My 2 cents..... Think Diesel if you are hauling much or often. My gas burner Dodge 2WD dropped from 18mpg unloaded to 8-10 mpg hauling my toy hauler. When I went Diesel 4X4 I got 20mpg unloaded and 13-15 with the toy hauler.
With Diesel at about the same as regular gas and the length of the engine life it is a good fit for pulling.

My 2 cents..... Think Diesel if you are hauling much or often. My gas burner Dodge 2WD dropped from 18mpg unloaded to 8-10 mpg hauling my toy hauler. When I went Diesel 4X4 I got 20mpg unloaded and 13-15 with the toy hauler.
With Diesel at about the same as regular gas and the length of the engine life it is a good fit for pulling.

+1 on that.Sticker on the back of my truck reads
"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

Back