free website stats program trouble cranking 2005 rk | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

trouble cranking 2005 rk

Another check for a bad reg. is unplug the regulator,not running,with a volt meter check either wire for voltage.If you get 12 volts at either wire your reg's bad.

update on bike, took it to dealership last friday, they found bad regulator and possible push button on handlebar failure, there replacing both at this time, parts still on order, he'll call me when its ready, man its taking a long time for the parts to come in .

man i think the stealership did me wrong on my warranty, they replaced the voltage reg for free $198.00 value, but charge me $50.00 deductible, which i was ok with, but they also charged me $66 bucks for the removal and reinstall of my aftermarket hd oil cooler, which took 3- 7/16 nuts to take loose, they told me they do not warranty any aftermarket parts and if there in the way of the peice they warranty, they have to charge to remove it . what a clip job that is, most every part on a hd will be replaced
within its life of the bike. ( the bike was bought used from them with all the add-ons already on it at time of purchase)

man i think the stealership did me wrong on my warranty, they replaced the voltage reg for free $198.00 value, but charge me $50.00 deductible, which i was ok with, but they also charged me $66 bucks for the removal and reinstall of my aftermarket hd oil cooler, which took 3- 7/16 nuts to take loose, they told me they do not warranty any aftermarket parts and if there in the way of the peice they warranty, they have to charge to remove it . what a clip job that is, most every part on a hd will be replaced
within its life of the bike. ( the bike was bought used from them with all the add-ons already on it at time of purchase)

I would have words with the Manager on this JMO:s

Back