free website stats program Tri Glide Ultra classic trike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tri Glide Ultra classic trike

howdy babanist; i've ridden bikes for 47 yrs and am now on an 09 tri glide. in answer to ur querry about buying a tri-glide, it's a great ride, bit pricey, but worth the buck. my husband has been on bikes @ as long as myself, and after 2 rides on mine, he sold his street glide to also purchase a tri glide. i never dreamt he'd give up 2 wheels (and especially after the bad mouthing regarding my switch over), that's how great a ride it is. i'm a sm gal, and was only good for a couple hundred miles b4 the trike, now, i'm good for 500. and the passenger seat is also a great comfort; plenty of storage for trips, local shopping, whatever. and again, i'm small, so was never able to have a passenger on my 2 wheel bikes, but that's no longer a prob. i give the ultra tri-glide 2 thumbs up.

Thank you cidl :) great feedback!!
It looks amazing actually, the kind of thing that would turn every head around. Im sure im not gonna have height issues in the tri glide. The only thing is its more expensive than a car but i think its worth it!! :) thanks again for the help..
Still waiting to hear from the dealer as they habe no stock.. He is checking if they can order one for me :)

Ive built a lot of trikes ,most all Champion and some California Sidecar and ridden alot of others, even some from the trike shop (their fun), but from the mechanical aspect of it , the Champion kit is the way to go for an H-D. JMHO.

hey babanist; ebay has had a few, normally asking top $, from what i've seen; and we had to spread our wings to get the 2nd twin. but they r out there; we live in the boondocks away from any dealers, so i'm not sure what's happening w/ the latest model. but i strongly advise "skins" sold by harley for the tri-glide to protect the paint on the fenders (made by 3M--clear so as not to hide the paint)--fenders take a beating from the road trash. i put them on both ours, not super easy (old and shakes), but doable. having ridden this bike for over 2 yrs now, i have no problem recommending a used tri-glide, but probably the "parking" brake mite need adjustment. doesn't mean it's bad, but they do need periodic adjustment.

Thanks everyine for the help.
@cidl, yes this would be my other option if the dealer wont order one for me, ill buy a 2nd hand off the net and figure out shipping details :)

if you plan on rieing 2 up w/gear. you might try getting a S&S gear drive cam
gear put in the trike. i did in a 09. really helped with low-end power.cost about 2k. you might see if the dealer would install it as part of your set-up.
no muffler mods needed. gppd luck. & keep us posted on your progress.lb

Back