free website stats program Transmission Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Oil

orourcs

I went to buy some Mobile 1 75W90 for the transmission on my 2006 Heritage Classic last night. I found one that was just less than $10. Beside it was one for $17.95 that said it was for SUV. I assume the $10 is what I should use, but then thought maybe the SUV oil would hold up to the heat better. Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first experience changing the transmission oil.

But the OP did not say it was Spectro 6 speed. He said "Beside it was one for $17.95 that said it was for SUV" which I understood at a Mobile 1 oil for SUV.

That did not make sense to me. Spectro I know runs $18/quart,, just never knew of a mobil1 SUV @ that price.

May be the way I read the original post.

Sorry guys. The high priced oil was also Mobile 1. I might just go for the Spectro. Thanks

So Mobile 1 does make an $18 a quart oil. Can you imagine owning a cage with a 7 quart oil pan. $150 for an oil change and filter. I have to find something else to do for a living. This is crazy.

So Mobile 1 does make an $18 a quart oil. Can you imagine owning a cage with a 7 quart oil pan. $150 for an oil change and filter. I have to find something else to do for a living. This is crazy.

Hoop.....He's referring to gear oil, not engine. It would still hurt as I would need about 4 quarts for the truck, but not quite as bad.

Back