free website stats program Transmission Info (6 speeds) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Info (6 speeds)

32,000 miles on my 07 6 speed and the bearings are out. I used HD syn and changed it every 5000 miles instead of the recommended service. Good thing I changed it that often otherwise it might not have lasted as long. I had 160,0000 miles on my 5 speed 1986 FLHTC and it was a better bike the day I sold it than the 07 was on the first day. Harley will be losing me as a customer now that they only build bikes to be hauled in the back of pickups. Sad day

21k miles on the bike and I had been running formula+ in the tranny and primary. When I did my 20k service I had a lot of metal on my magnetic tip so I switched to redline shock proof. guess i should have had them open up the tranny while they had the primary off oh well extanded warranty here i come.

Dave

David,

I would say that NOW you are using the best.. Shockproof Heavy by Redline.

I have Never Ever had any metal on my magnetic tranny plug... Just changed it at 18,000 miles.. no nadda on the magnetic plug.. I think your changing over to Shockproof will get you by for a long time.... Let us know what you think about the Redline Shockproof Heavy and IF you notice GOOD things...

The best and the BEST! :D

signed....BUBBIE

im having a prob with my 07 road glide take off from stop light 1gear to 2 get on gas and feels like clutch is slipping ? 3 4 5 6 is all fine runs good just 1gear to 2 is a slipping any ideas ? thank you :(

im having a prob with my 07 road glide take off from stop light 1gear to 2 get on gas and feels like clutch is slipping ? 3 4 5 6 is all fine runs good just 1gear to 2 is a slipping any ideas ? thank you :(

I was having the exact same issue/feeling when taking off from a stop with my 09 and it ended up being my clutch hub was cracked.

32,000 miles on my 07 6 speed and the bearings are out. I used HD syn and changed it every 5000 miles instead of the recommended service. Good thing I changed it that often otherwise it might not have lasted as long. I had 160,0000 miles on my 5 speed 1986 FLHTC and it was a better bike the day I sold it than the 07 was on the first day. Harley will be losing me as a customer now that they only build bikes to be hauled in the back of pickups. Sad day

This is just great, something else to worry about. As if the "death wobble", the crank shaft run out, overheating, weak fairing brackets and fretting of the SE compensator (which shouldn't be required in the first place) wasn't enough...now I gotta worry about the tranny. Speaking of the SE compensator..that was one mod I was proud of..it actually eliminated that starter knock AND gave me much smoother shifts...shoulda known something would come up.

So....does anyone know just HOW many transmissions are affected by these bad bearings? Is it a certain build/model? How difficult/expensive would it be to change out the stock bearings with after market?

I'm starting to seriously doubt how the MOCO will survive if they continue this way. ...........

I would NOT Worry about the tranny.(.)

There are MANY (most) who haven't had ANY PROBLEMS... I would only SUGGEST to Dump Syn 3 (if used). The Idea of HD's Syn 3 in all three holes. BIG MISTAKE by HD... Even HD has stepped back on using it the way they First suggested... I personally like the Redline Products and their Shockproof Heavy in ALL my big bike trannys that I have owned..... NO PROBLEMS with my newest Ride, 09 FLHR... I''ve put 20,000 miles on it so far and Nothing BAD to report..

The problems with the Newer trannys IS like DR. Dolittle says,,, "the sky is falling" and for ALL to worry IS BAD..

Most reports were to Make You AWARE of the "Potential Problem" in the first place..

So I'd RELAX UNLESS there iS NOISE and a Problem with your 6 speed and RIDE. :D

signed....BUBBIE :60:

So....does anyone know just HOW many transmissions are affected by these bad bearings? Is it a certain build/model? How difficult/expensive would it be to change out the stock bearings with after market?
. ...........

'08 SG 31,000 miles tranny main shaft bearing went out.(started hearing it at 28,000 "but they all do that") Replaced by dealer and 39,000 miles started going out again. 41,000 had Baker DD7 put in and 49,200 miles no issues. We'll see at 70,000 miles.:D

This is just great, something else to worry about. As if the "death wobble", the crank shaft run out, overheating, weak fairing brackets and fretting of the SE compensator (which shouldn't be required in the first place) wasn't enough...now I gotta worry about the tranny.

Look at the bright side Mavagrand. At least your bike doesn't have HDLAN like the new ones do. Now that's something I would even worry about,,and I worry about nothing!:)

Back