free website stats program Trans & Primary Oil... I did it !!! Just sharing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans & Primary Oil... I did it !!! Just sharing

Here is a good product.Manufactured right here in Bellville Ontario:D
I must confess I am a dealer for them so I am a little biased.

Information | Bike Pro

Congratulations on completing your own H-D LOF (Lube, Oil & Filter) along with your tranny/primary gear oil change!

Steve...Bias not a problem...that is one VERY cool Harley stand! :D

tn885s3.jpg

a few years ago I bought a set of "Bike Pro" wheel chocks that works great. it was a model 20106, the 20124 comes with a floor stand. These allow you to ride up and step off witht he bike remaining upright. check it out

It feels good to do it yourself!!! I just did the 5K myself, so I know everything got done...
and it saved me money. So I can buy more stuff!!!
wilks3

Who needs a therapist when there is HD Talking !! So here is my update.. Cranked her over this morning and headed out with the Boys on a +/- 5 hour ride. The "clancking" sound is still there (Hey.. It's a Harley).. But it's substantially less loud than it was before. It's just all feels so much smoother.. And I swear finding the beautiful green "N" is so much easier. Now that I learnt what a sinch the oil change was... I may just go nuts and change the oil again .. This will ensure any of the left over guck is flushed out... This time though... I will get my hands on Spectro oil.

Have a great day guys... And will keep in touch lol
I love this Forum
WAP.gif

I have one, I paid $39. bucks for it with a coupon. Works good for holding the bike upright when cleaning and doing other chores.
Ken

Hi guys. Question and 2 small updates:
1) Primary & transmission oils as mentioned have been changed. Because of all the fuzzies I found on primary plug.. I figured that I would ride just a bit after oil change & then flush primary oil again. Question is.. do I change the derby cover gasket again ?

I am happy to advise that I found Spectro Oil in Montreal. Their Canadian distributor actually called me & did all the legwork for me. I was pleased and will do oil change with spectro this week-end. Also, ordered bike choke today from Canadian supplier as well.

Please let me know about the derby cover gasket.
Tks

If you have the big "O" ring, you can reuse it, if you have the black and orange disc gasket, you can reuse that a few times too.

I have one, I paid $39. bucks for it with a coupon. Works good for holding the bike upright when cleaning and doing other chores.
Ken

Great Kemo, that`s what i`m going to use for, cleaning and oil change`s.

Back