free website stats program Trans Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans Oil

glider

Veteran Member
Just tried this oil after trying many other brands and it's about as good as it gets. My local HD dealer carries it.

Spectrotransoil.jpg

See the full story here.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/oil_related_tips/1238-oil_suggestions_for_harleys.html#post5426

Hey Glider...does that oil work with the 6 speed and how does
it improve with the reported noises?

It works well in the 6 speed, the IDS system took care of all the noises in the trans and this oil made it even smoother than it was with the M 1 that I was using. I have used the redline also in the past and I think this has it beat. It just seems so much smoother and I'm not an easy sell on anything.

It's 75/140 but it seems as if the clutch plate drag associated with the other 75/90 or the 75/140 Mobil 1 is eliminated. Shifts smoother and with less of a clunk. Neutral is a snap now too as compared to the M 1

Last edited:
I used redline heavy for quite a while till I tried this oil. I'm sticking with this one for now.

Glider..Have you ever used Royal Purple?....i tryed a few and found it to be very good...in the Transmission I'm speakin of..

I have never used RP but the guy who told me about this oil had used it and he switched to Spectro too so I was going by his recommendation and based on the oils that I have used in the past which have been many , I feel this is the best so far.

Back