Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
I plan on being in the Orlando & Sebring area the 3rd week of January & am looking for a place where I can purchase either the spectro heavy duty 6 speed or the redline with shockproof

Can that Spectro 6 speed go in a five speed?

I have a dealer for it about ten miles from me.:D

It can be used in either. It's a GL5 and they make one for the 5 speeds also. Check out the oil section in the self help area.

I use Spectro 6.

They make a Spectro for the 5-speed trans. No need to use the Spectro 6 in the 5-speed.

I plan on being in the Orlando & Sebring area the 3rd week of January & am looking for a place where I can purchase either the spectro heavy duty 6 speed or the redline with shockproof

HOPE THIS IS IN TIME

I went to Red Line Oil: Dealers This should help get product.

I use redline products SHOCKPROOF HVY in tranny I have NO METAL NEVER on magnet!
signed....BUBBIE

:NEWZEALAND
I wonder if the Spectro importer here has the 6 speed. I used to use Spectro in my old Sporty many moons ago. I have some left from when I did a bulk buy. I now use it in my lawn mower.

Hey glider, my owners manual says to use part no. 99851-05 whitch is 20/50 engine oil according to the amsoil chart. Is this rite? Should I put the 75/140 in the primary and trans?

Engine oil is for engines, gear oil is for transmissions.The one size fits all doesn't cut it in real life. That part number you posted is the Formula+ from HD and you can use it in the primary, I would use a gear oil because of the differences in the composition between the two in the trans like Spectro platinum, redline shockproof or Mobil 1 75/90 or 75/140 but all gear lubes and in the trans.

Thanks glider. I have amsoil 20/50 in all (3) at this time. I am going to change the trans to 75/140. I am in 4 feet of snow and -20 (fargo nd) so it will be some time before I have the chance to try it. I have a question on the GL rateing for gear lube. They go from GL-1 to GL-5. Is the GL-1 lube the best for the trans or should I go to a higher number? We use GL-4 or 5 in the auto industry.

Last edited:
Back