free website stats program Trading in..?//???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trading in..?//????

I would only let her go if I did not ride it anymore and I was sure about it.

Struggling with a decision. I have a stock 2008 FLHTC with 37K miles and an immaculate maintenance record. She's vivid black and been good to me over the years, I 've owned her since new and she's paid off. Here's my dilemma, we don't ride like we used to. As a matter of fact, I only ride her to church. Wife and I bought a camper a couple of years ago and it seems our motorcycle vacations are a thing of the past. Noticed the wife hasn't seemed as interested to ride lately; she told me an accident my nephew had last year has kinda spooked her. I can't see letting the bike sit all the time. How much do you guy's think I could get selling her outright and how much could I expect if I trade her in?
when and if you decide to let her go let me know what you would take for the adoption fee

I would encourage you to not sell , you can always have days out with the guys if the wife doesn't want to ride & agree with DBMG to get the quick disconnect for the tour pack & have a street glide look or ultra look . If you was to sell by owner could get $12,000-14,000 maybe & don't even consider trading in - that would only get you about $9,000-11,000 depending on condition.

I agree with everyone else, don't sell it, yet. Just for an example a friend thought he was done riding(he said his back was hurting) so he sold his Street Glide. He went and bought a new truck and 24ft trailer and said this is what I am going to do now that I'm not riding anymore. A year and a half later he now has a 2013 Street Glide and is making payments. He wishes he would have kept the old bike because he had a lot of money in it and it was a great bike.

All the responses are from folks who really love their rides and live to ride. You're wife has a reasonable fear as we all know that riding comes with it's own set of dangers. My wife had the same fears when I got back into riding and for the first two years she waved goodbye when I left and then worried until I got home. She decided to take the motorcycle safety course and came away with her own motorcycle endorsement and has been riding or "trikeing" ever since. If you want to keep riding and you can get your wife to take the course she may see that riding, while riskey, can be fun and enjoyable. Have you talked to your wife about selling the bike? She may surprise you with her feelings. If I remember correctly you also have a high risk profession.

I agree with Jack pray on it. And if it's done sell it!! You can always get another bike if your mindset changes.

All the responses are from folks who really love their rides and live to ride. You're wife has a reasonable fear as we all know that riding comes with it's own set of dangers. My wife had the same fears when I got back into riding and for the first two years she waved goodbye when I left and then worried until I got home. She decided to take the motorcycle safety course and came away with her own motorcycle endorsement and has been riding or "trikeing" ever since. If you want to keep riding and you can get your wife to take the course she may see that riding, while riskey, can be fun and enjoyable. Have you talked to your wife about selling the bike? She may surprise you with her feelings. If I remember correctly you also have a high risk profession.

You are correct Don, I spoke with the wife, and she did surprise me. Despite her fears, she doesn't want me to sell. I'm still not sure. told her we need to take a weekend trip to re-connect with it and re-evaluate. Still got it on craigslist to see what develops. With retirement around the corner, I could use the money from the sell and pay off all my debt. Tempting....

It's paid for, just think you could use it a trade-in for a new one. :D

What ever your decision, it will be right for you!

Back