free website stats program Toyota Fix ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Toyota Fix ?

I find it interesting that now that the government has a stake in GM and Chrysler we all of a sudden are hearing about this Toyota problem. It reminds me of the panic over the same issue (unintended acceleration) that almost ruined Audi years ago. That was proven by the car guys at several Auto magazines who were used to testing cars to be a non issue and most likely driver error. They proved that no car would continue to accelerate if the brakes were applied even at full throttle. Even with the drive by wire system putting the car in neutral and applying the emergency brake will stop it.

I find it odd that Toyota and lately Honda are being singled out by the media and Toyota is called before Congress while we hear almost nothing about the Chrysler recall of the minivans for an air bag problem.

It is ironic that the UAW helped the current president and many democrats get elected. The UAW has had a problem getting Toyota and Honda employees to join the union. The current administration owes the unions big time and this is a great way to pay back that debt!

Do I think there is some underhanded dealing going on? Given the history of our government for the past many years YES I DO!!!

I couldn't agree more. Why anyone is surprised by this, I have no idea. Congress (now the largest stakeholder in GM) is able to publicly chastise the world's largest automaker (foreign at that) in front of their out-of-work UAW constituents. Now that a grand jury has become involved, the solution (as well as the safety of millions of Americans) will shamefully be determined by attorneys rather than engineers.

I'm tired of the political posturing. Think I'll go have a cup of TEA!!!

Well I could say alot here being that i work for toyota as a tech but i have not. what I have to say is that i total agree with the last to post. they are right nobody is talking about gm's problems or dodge. been in this trade a long time and have worked for dodge and saw some very bad recalls for frame problems on there trucks and control arm braking off on intrepids and same car lh models. So lets be honest people every car manufacture has recalls. even harley my 09 street glide has two yet that was not in the news. the probelms with toyota will get fixed it just may take a while before its done.

Well, I have to admit, I was a Toyota fan for many, many years. (And, yes I have a Chevy that I love too). Until lately when my wife's Corolla had the airbag light on. 60K miles. Past the 50 K warrantee. Wife had to battle with Toyota to get it fixed. We paid 33%. Now my Corolla is making a "lifter" sound which it didn't have when we took it in. I guess they taught us a lesson. Like the cook that spits on your steak when you send it back. I guess Toyota finally has gone the way of the disgruntled american worker. Sorry to you guys that still have pride and like to do a good job. There are too many goofs among us sabotaging quality workmanship. BUMMER! I'm going to try Subaru...

Tried to buy a Toyota a few years back. As I walked around the lot. all the salesman could talk about was how bad the competition was, never once did he point out a good feature about one of the vehicles. Walked away in disgust and never looked back.

I have never owned a Toyota, but one thing I know of them from a co-worker's experience that I never heard about through the media was a recall on the Tacoma. Late in 2008 a co-worker got a recall notice on his truck for faulty metal on the frame. It was a 2001 with over 100k on it and he was told to be ready to leave the truck. He took the truck in and it was condemned so they cut him a check for $14,600. He only paid a little over 15K for it in 2001. I made the comment then that I thought it was odd that there was no mention of that on the news. I thought it was pretty good for the manufacturer to buy an old truck for nearly retail to get it off the road. For the record, he did not buy another Toyota mainly due to the prices, not the quality. It was way more than the insurance would have paid out on it.

For the record, we own 2 chevy's, a ford & a mercury. :D

Not for nothing but I mentioned I was interested in a new Toyota pick up and unhappily setled for a Chevy.Several people commented on there love of the F150.As Im a bodyman by trade I can tell you that is the last truck I'd buy.

I keep my vehicles for a long time and rescently Ive been thourouly disgusted by the extent of rust Ive seen on Ford products.Im talking about 05 F150s with radiator supports completely rotted out.My Chevy's electronics may leave something to be desired but the inners arent rotting out from under me.

Im not trying to pick a brand loyalty fight.Rather as a simple man who opens them up everyday, give an unbiased opinion.Toyota seems to have resolved there rust issues while the rest of the big 3 are still trying to figure out how to sell us wifi.

For you Ford owners,you have 5 years poke through on rust reguardless of your 3 year 36k warrenty.....5 years unlimited on rust...check he bottoms of your doors,lower radiator supports (part of your frame), and upper qrt arches for you F150 owners.

Back