free website stats program Toyota Fix ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Toyota Fix ?

You should of bought a Ford F-150...:bigsmiley11:

Agreed! 2000 F-150 with 100k plus. NEVER had a problem.
In regards to the Toyota snafu, I was watching the President of Toyota the other day and NOW it turns out it wasn't the floor mat or the gas pedal sticking but a computer glitch. This guy then says that THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE DRIVER AND HOW THEY ARE USING THEIR PRODUCT! Are you kidding me? No accountability what so ever. I was considering a HighLander Hybrid to replace my BMW EVEN with the problems they've been having. Not after that. Good day to you sir!

Decided to replace the wife's '97 Avalon in Oct of last year. I'd rank the '97 as the best car we've ever owned. Got a 2010 Avalon. Had I known more about the un-commanded acceleration issue I would have delayed our purchase. The new car works great so far. Our only complaint is really a matter of confidence......will this thing try to do an un-commanded acceleration? At this time, I don't think we have any way of knowing if the current fix is all that is needed. However, I guess we are all spring loaded to not trusting the manufacturer since fixing problems costs big bucks and money drives ALL manufactures decisions.
The wife has practiced going from Drive to Neutral in case of a problem. We are getting the pedal "fix" Tuesday. Other than that we're watching and reading about this whole deal. Guess we should all feel better that Congress is now involved. I mean what are the chances they could mess up???

Funny Threesteps, only now is it coming to light that Congress is more interested in getting themselves reelected then do anything constructive. How is it management became by default could be the standard. It means getting paid for full terms in office with all its' perks and not have to make ANY real decisions during the course of the year, nothing was more painfully obvious the the Clinton-Lewinsky deal...what was accomplished by after the dalliance was no bills passed through, just pork and re-elected officials. Toyota Fix?...just a culture change that went through the Japanese machine, same that went thru GM...it kinda hurts to be No.1 and everyone is watching you, including the shareholders...Bankers and Wall Street already are laughing now that the heat is off them, even though they were the cause.

Funny Threesteps, only now is it coming to light that Congress is more interested in getting themselves reelected then do anything constructive. How is it management became by default could be the standard. It means getting paid for full terms in office with all its' perks and not have to make ANY real decisions during the course of the year, nothing was more painfully obvious the the Clinton-Lewinsky deal...what was accomplished by after the dalliance was no bills passed through, just pork and re-elected officials. Toyota Fix?...just a culture change that went through the Japanese machine, same that went thru GM...it kinda hurts to be No.1 and everyone is watching you, including the shareholders...Bankers and Wall Street already are laughing now that the heat is off them, even though they were the cause.

Amen!

The headline news stations have been showing testamony from a woman who claims her Toyota wouldn't stop for 6 miles. She pulled the parking brake, put it in reverse (doesn't work above 3-5mph), etc., nothing helped, so she called her husband (on her bluetooth) to hear his voice one last time. Kinda strange, that a driver can use thier phone in a panic situation, but doesn't know how to slow down a car. I know Toyota has a problem, but there's sharks smelling blood in the water also.

It's the age old nemesis of companies that are successful...they forget about who put them there, the people who buy their product. I have a 1988 4Runner that I bought new in '88. Cost me $13,000, complete with aftermarket running boards and some graphics added to the paint job. Still have her today, 210,000 miles later. The problem that Toyota faces now, is the loss of credibility. I have replaced three cars over the last decade. Each time I looked at Toyota, each time I went to another manufacturer based mostly on the price of Toyota's. Now , in addition to their cost, the one thing that kept them in the forefront, their reliability, is in question. I have been driving for more years than I care to remember. I'd like to think that if my vehicle suddenly accellerated without warning, that I would have the presence of mind to put it in neutral, hit the brake, etc...Trouble is, until it happens to you, you don't know how you'll react. It's one thing it this hits you on the open road...quite another if it's in the midst of a turn, or merging into traffic.

Now lets not be to hard on Toyota......... I have an 86 pickup with 300,000 miles on it and ain't done nothing but replace a rotted radiator. Still runs very good and has become a daily driver for my boy. Then again back when it was made Toyota was just getting a good name for them self so they may have been trying harder.

I had a similar situation happen back in the late 70’s. I was driving a Plymouth Satellite with a 318. Traffic was heavy and I gunned it to pull into traffic. The car lurched forward and the throttle went all the way to the floor. I stood and the brakes and managed to get it into neutral and avoided smashing into the car in front of me. All this steam started coming up from the engine compartment. It turns out I broke a motor mount and the engine twisted forward and to one side and pulled the throttle to the floor and took out the radiiator. It all goes to show if you live long enough history tends to repeats itself.

LETS NOT BE TOO HARD ON TOYOTA???????????? Are you guys serious. Don't kid yourselves. This is not a floor mat problem. This is not a gas pedal problem. This is an electronics issue and they have let it go on for quite a while. This company, ignored the problem, and then sent congratulatory memos to each other on how much money they saved in avoiding recalls!!

But that is a reason to look for a deal on their cars?

I guess the fact that people have DIED because Toyota chose to do nothing to address the issue shouldn't matter. Keep on looking for those great deals now that they are struggling to sell cars. While you are at it look for a moving company to move you to Japan so you can enjoy the product in that country!!

Buy American!!!!!!!!!!!

Off the soapbox

I find it interesting that now that the government has a stake in GM and Chrysler we all of a sudden are hearing about this Toyota problem. It reminds me of the panic over the same issue (unintended acceleration) that almost ruined Audi years ago. That was proven by the car guys at several Auto magazines who were used to testing cars to be a non issue and most likely driver error. They proved that no car would continue to accelerate if the brakes were applied even at full throttle. Even with the drive by wire system putting the car in neutral and applying the emergency brake will stop it.

I find it odd that Toyota and lately Honda are being singled out by the media and Toyota is called before Congress while we hear almost nothing about the Chrysler recall of the minivans for an air bag problem.

It is ironic that the UAW helped the current president and many democrats get elected. The UAW has had a problem getting Toyota and Honda employees to join the union. The current administration owes the unions big time and this is a great way to pay back that debt!

Do I think there is some underhanded dealing going on? Given the history of our government for the past many years YES I DO!!!

Back