free website stats program Touring Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Seat

I have a mustang regal wide touring seat on my '10 ultra. It is very comfortable for both me and the wife, we have done 700 mile days on this seat.
When I had the stock seat on the bike we were both hurting after a couple hundred miles.

I’m soooo disappointed, with this seat (Mustang Super Touring Seat w/ Driver Backrest - Vintage - 08-11 Touring) I purchased from Direct Harley Parts. And now that I used it on a ride I can’t return it. I thought this seat would be comfortable for riding. I rode 1100 miles in 3 days, my butt hurt after the first 150 miles. I was lucky other bikers I was traveling with had to stop every 100 miles, because I was sore and needed the break. This seat fills no better than the stock (EDIT) . I did like the back rest and the way I was moved back about 2”s, plus It looks good on my 2009 FLHTCU. Now I’m stuck with a seat I can’t use on long rides, and in the same boat as before. The guy I ride with can go all day with no butt problems, and he has a Mustang seat. That’s why I went with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the stock seat on my bike (08 EGC) to be very comfortable. Got 30k on it wife and I both love it. My buddy put one of those hammock seats on his bike and swears by it. Check into the HD Hammock seat and see what you think.

I’m soooo disappointed, with this seat (Mustang Super Touring Seat w/ Driver Backrest - Vintage - 08-11 Touring) I purchased from Direct Harley Parts. And now that I used it on a ride I can’t return it. I thought this seat would be comfortable for riding. I rode 1100 miles in 3 days, my butt hurt after the first 150 miles. I was lucky other bikers I was traveling with had to stop every 100 miles, because I was sore and needed the break. This seat fills no better than the stock (EDIT) . I did like the back rest and the way I was moved back about 2”s, plus It looks good on my 2009 FLHTCU. Now I’m stuck with a seat I can’t use on long rides, and in the same boat as before. The guy I ride with can go all day with no butt problems, and he has a Mustang seat. That’s why I went with this one.

I am surprised you find the Mustang seat uncomfortable, I put a solo on in Rapid city on my Streetbob, best money I spent having traded up from the stock 07 seat to a 09 stock solo JMO

I will keep riding it for the rest of the summer, I hope it gets better. I'm doing another 1100 mile ride Laborday weekend. :)

Took a gamble this year and bought the AirHawk R. Put it between the saddle and the beaded seat, and had a very comfortable ride from Maryland to the Kentucky HOG Rally and back.

Do any of Yall have any experience with that "Danny Gray" seats? its the one that has the airhawk cell built into it. They look awesome but im just wondering if anyone has any input. Sorry not trying to HI-jack the thread or anything.

Charlie Brown at Adamec HD in Orange Park has a Road Zeppelin demo seat that I plan on demoing for a day or two. Pulling the trigger on an $800 motorcycle seat is pretty tough. I didn't spend that on my LazyBoy! :)

Back