free website stats program Touring Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Touring Seat

class1991

I bought a 2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited and for me the stock seat leaves a lot to be desired. It hurts my tailbone. I have a driver backrest and it doesn't help so I am looking at a new seat. So what is a better seat out there then the stock one. I was looking at the Harley® Hammock Rider and Passenger Touring Seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those questions that is going to result in as many different answers as there are people queried. I have had a few Mustang seats and like them. I currently have one on my '99 Ultra and also my '82 FXR. Good quality, competitively priced, and comfortable.

Mustang for the long haul when Mrs. Bodeen is along. Corbin solo for everyday riding.

I had the same problem, the Road Zeppelin seat is amazingly comfortable. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but being able to change the shape on the fly is like nothing else out there. Long distance comfort was the most important factor for me. The passenger section also adjusts and my wife loves it. Every time I'm on a ride and my butt starts to hurt, I change the seat a little and the discomfort disappears. Enjoy your new ride.

Go to a couple of rallies.Most have set ups where you can sit on different seats and try different bars as well.Maybe the problem is the way you are sitting because of bar hieght or pull back.

I put a Mustang seat on my Road King 6yrs ago..Now 50k miles later and it is just as comfortable as day one. The seat still looks new it's not stretched out and wrinkled like a lot of the Harley seats do.I get complaints from the guy's I ride with.."Don't you ever stop"!...Just don't need to..Buy a real seat and you won't have to either!

Back