free website stats program touring recall | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

touring recall

I keep hearing all these horror stories about these dealers. I feel compelled to name my dealer as they treat me and everyone I know very well. Suburban Motors in Theinsville Wisconsin, a few miles north of Milwaukee.

It's the 08 models and anything built prior to 11/07

Other than two screws in the rear tire in less than a year, I feel pretty lucky - my Street Glide was built in 12/07 and the HD site does not list a recall for my VIN!

Thanks for the info. Just returned from a 600 mile round tripper over a long weekend for me. Checked the site and looks like I'm listed.:36:

At least it's nothing major. My old bike (non-HD) had a recall for it's transmission. Seems the transmission would lock up at any speed. I got mine in for the recall, no problems, but I pulled up to a gas station one day and another guy on the same bike said his tranny had locked up before the recall. Luckily as he was just leaving a red light, not doing 55+ down the highway.

Watch out also for the O-Ring on the pump filter; had one split recently on my '07 FLHTC. Causes fuel to dump back into the tank instead of delivering to injectors. Won't run for squat when the split gets big enough. Heat makes it worse; fuel heats up in tank, split widens...

Phoned the Dealer here in NZ and they had not even recieved any info on it at that stage...he went to the site and said no probs, will do it as soon as they get the go ahead....Question for a newbie...whats a MOCO

Back