free website stats program touring recall | Harley Davidson Forums

touring recall

rbmount

I was reading a thread about the fuel filter shell cracking, and just now came across a recall on the moco site addressing the problem. The letter says shipments of parts will begin around Aug 14th.

I've already changed the fuel filter shell on my 08. I wasn't going to wait for it to leave me stranded on the side of the road.

I was reading a thread about the fuel filter shell cracking, and just now came across a recall on the moco site addressing the problem. The letter says shipments of parts will begin around Aug 14th.

What years are involved?....Thanks for info in advance

I just went on Harley Davidson's web site ( my profile) and checked the maintenance schedule on my bike and this is what came up with a caution signal:

2008 ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA CLASSIC (EFI) - FLHTCU

VIN: 1HD1FC4188Y62****

Recall Notice: 0135: 2008 FL TOURING FILTER SHELL

I bought my bike in late October of 2007

I just went on Harley Davidson's web site ( my profile) and checked the maintenance schedule on my bike and this is what came up with a caution signal:

2008 ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA CLASSIC (EFI) - FLHTCU

VIN: 1HD1FC4188Y62****

Recall Notice: 0135: 2008 FL TOURING FILTER SHELL

I bought my bike in late October of 2007

Thanks for the info...

How hard is it to change out? I don't have the 6 months to a year HD of OKC will need to get my bike in for a 15 minute repair.

Not a hard job, just takes a bit of time to open up the tank access plate. I'm sure it could be done in about an hour or so by a good mechanic.

These are the models involved. Usually when the bike comes in we fill out the recall part order form and it is overnighted the next day.

"Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist on certain 2008 model year FLHP, FLHPE, FLHR, FLHRC, FLHRSE4, FLHT, FLHTC, FLHTCU, FLHTCUSE3, FLHTP, FLHX, FLTR model motorcycles built May 6, 2007 through December 11, 2007."

The letter goes on to say the moco will begin shipment on or before the week of Aug 4th.

Back