free website stats program Tour Pak Rack | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Rack

What about weight? How much weight (luggage) can be put on it? I too am going to put a rack on mine. We're planning on taking a 10 day 2-up ride this summer and I would like to know views on what kind of luggage or pack can be put on the tour pak.

Thanks!!
HD sticker on right side of the Air Wing indicates 10 lbs max load.

I have the Air Wing luggage rake with lights and the sticker said the load limit was ten pounds. And as one thing seems to lead to another, there are also Air Wing saddlebag rails with lightsat he back of the rail. I had put on rails without lights before the new ones came out and when I decided to change over the holes (EDIT) wouldn't line up..........ended up getting new lids and changing handles and tabs, what a pain, but looks cool.

Firedog -Tulsa OK
09 Ultra 106/251 cams/ SERT/ V&H Monster/lots of bolt on stuffPlease read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the kit that make the turn signals come on with the brake lights. Also the running light on the fender. I'll go with the $116 rack cause the back of my bike is bright now.

I have the tour pak rack on mine. It says 10lbs.max. I have had more on it with no problems. Latter I put the spoiler with light on the tour pak. No signs of cracking. Be sure not to over tighten you straps/bungie cords. Also watch your weight in back. Coming from Milwaukee in 2003 I had my gear,lady and such. Too much weight on the back and piled up to high. It was raining and I started to hydroplane so watch your heigth-weight in back.

I have the air wing as well. I think the max weight you can apply to any rack is 10 lbs. But, it might depend on how much weight you would have in the 'box'.

Just installed the new black powdercoated rack from Harley on my black ultra classic,installed the light kit also,the factory racks seem to have better tie down points than some of the aftermarket racks, I also have the organizer from harley that installs on the inside lid,with tape strips ,in the hot weather it won't stay attached ,so I ran the bolts for the rack thru it, now it stays in place,also Harley came out with a retractable cable for the lid ,it lets it open even further and the cable disapears when closed, so far so good.

Back