free website stats program Tour Pak Rack | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Rack

Ole Dawg

I'm contemplating adding a rack to my tour pak,and as there are many different flavors & prices I was hoping maybe I could get an idea on what your opinions are on the differences and even if the rack is a good idea or not? I've been told that it puts a strain on the box and can cause cracking?
Any information would be appriciated. Also are they difficult to install?
Thanks!

I have the air wing rack. The led lights are bright. I think the tour pack would look like it was missing something without it.

I agree I have it on my classic and can't imagine being without it. Extra lighting and a place to strap my bow case when I use the scoot to go hunting up in the north woods.

That darn air wing came out shortly after I installed mine, thinking of tapping on a couple of flash lights on it now:laugh. Easy to install, just follow the instructions and use the templet, set the rack on the top and check for centering, have a good look from each side and from the back, adjust as needed, hardest part is drilling the first hole. I have loaded mine up and have had no problem. Great place to put on a day bag, leathers, or what ever.

Do these lights flash or just light up when you hit the brakes.
wizard I know the tail & brake light works through it and is really bright LED, you can go to my last post above and click on the link I left, there you can download the instructions for it, might be more info there.

What about weight? How much weight (luggage) can be put on it? I too am going to put a rack on mine. We're planning on taking a 10 day 2-up ride this summer and I would like to know views on what kind of luggage or pack can be put on the tour pak.

Thanks!!

Back