free website stats program Tour Pak Crack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Crack

Like these?:

1554d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_frt.jpg

1555d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_rear.jpg

TQ

Wow! No, my crack is at the hinge at the rivet point.

Thanks for the replies guy's....My local dealer is closed for inventory until Thursday so I'll take it in then. I actually bought the bike from a dealer in my old home town so we will see what happens when I take it to my local dealer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty, Thanks, I thought about that. I live two hours away from the dealer, which is no big deal, but I have a pretty good relationship with the local guys so I'm hoping no issues arise. If they have an issue then off I go to the original purchase dealer....

I just noticed a crack in my tour pak! It's on a 2010 Limited and it's the bottom right (furthest away from rider) hinge.

No cracks on my 07 but what I would recommend is replacing those hinges first chance you get with the new tourpak hinges that HD sells. They are WAY meatier (and look a lot better too) than the OEM ones. A little pricey but you'll like the results.

I just noticed a crack in my tour pak! It's on a 2010 Limited and it's the bottom right (furthest away from rider) hinge. Anyone else have a crack in their tour pak? Obviously it's under warranty, but I've read that Harley doesn't always cover these repairs?!

I have 5,000 miles on the bike and I always take great care of the bike. I've hit a couple of pretty goos bumps in the road here in California, but that's about it.....

Just heard from Harley. The cracked tour pak will be covered under warranty....Thanks again for all your comments!

Just heard from Harley. The cracked tour pak will be covered under warranty....Thanks again for all your comments!
Really glad to hear that it is going to work out for you. Somehow I always expect to come out on the short end of the stick whenever I have to solve a warranty issue with the dealer. Hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Really glad to hear that it is going to work out for you. Somehow I always expect to come out on the short end of the stick whenever I have to solve a warranty issue with the dealer. Hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Thanks! Believe me I was expecting a fight, but the fact that it cracked right at the rivet point probably made a big difference.....

Hate to point this out. but from the looks of the hinge... it is bent and appears to have been over extended in the open position. Thus tearing the bottom half.
Like previous poster stated. better make sure the shock cable is attached properly before you take it to the dealer. Also, probably need to straighten the hinge.
Good luck on warranty with this one.

Back