free website stats program Tour Pak Crack | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Crack

artfuentes

I just noticed a crack in my tour pak! It's on a 2010 Limited and it's the bottom right (furthest away from rider) hinge. Anyone else have a crack in their tour pak? Obviously it's under warranty, but I've read that Harley doesn't always cover these repairs?!

I have 5,000 miles on the bike and I always take great care of the bike. I've hit a couple of pretty goos bumps in the road here in California, but that's about it.....

Did you notice it from the outside? I'll inspect mine. Got just over 9000 miles on mine now.

HD should cover under warranty, unless it looks like damage was caused by something you did to the bike. Doesn't sound like this is the case so take 'er in for assessment. Good luck!

Like these?:

1554d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_frt.jpg

1555d1225396978-tour_pak_rivets-tour_pak_crack_rear.jpg

TQ

If you take in for warranty, make sure that strap/wire that connects the lid to the trunk is attached. I know if it's not, it can be cause for non-warranty.:newsmile077:

Geez. How does that happen. I thought those tour paks were injection molded.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I would agree with Smitty901.
Take it back to the dealer and see what he can do.
Just remind him you'd like to buy another bike but not from them if this can't be taken care of by them. Ton of other places to buy from that want to provide excellent customer service.

Wow! is that on your '03 Ultra? Did you have too much weight in it or something? Bummer! :(

Yeah, that is my Ultra. But, no. Cable broke when I was opening the top, and the top swung all the way down cracking the bottom box. Now I use a chain!!

TQ

Back