free website stats program took the right hand side plate off bike and guess what i found! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

took the right hand side plate off bike and guess what i found!

I had mine installed when I had the SE air cleaner installed. Bike already had V&H pipes. On decel it is nice and smooth. No popping at all! Stays smooth until it gets down to engine idle speed.:D

BUBBIE,

What is the cause of the POP when letting off the throttle, i have a TFI and it does POP and why is it bad? What can be done to get rid of it by the way?

Thanks!

I should of stated LOUD Back-fires bad ( way lean condition), As exhaust popping is like the "All" said normal in the exhaust...

The "air" Tribulation(?sp) back into the exhaust mufflers is normal and causes the gas left-overs to explode..
I find the Little popping there as Normal in my bike ALSO..

I Remember way back , you could install the anti-reversion Cones into the exhaust header pipe side to Help NO returning of exhaust into the cylinder when running low restriction exhaust,Lack of back-pressure.

hope this is a little more right this time...:newsmile105:

signed....BUBBIE

Driver54, did you ever have just the V&H's without the SE breather? If so, did it backfire pretty good when you let off the throttle? That is what mine is doing, and I only have pipes on it now. No stage I breather.

Back