free website stats program took the right hand side plate off bike and guess what i found! | Harley Davidson Forums

took the right hand side plate off bike and guess what i found!

ron1978

i was cleaning bike and puttin me a charger pig tail on when i removed the side cover on my 2005 roadking, i found a clear box mounted to the frame and it said Vance& hines fuel pac etc. the red glowing letters were lit when i cranked it to 0100, what does it mean, and how do you adjust it? i see little black push buttons, but what all can it do??
p.s. the bike will fly just like it is, but what can you guys tell me about the thing?

thanks man, i think i'll leave it alone, looks set to me.

Lucky You,,,, A nice find... If bike is running to your satisfaction and Not making POP noises when leaving off the throttle (bad thing) along with running Cool(good thing),, It is probably set to do the proper job.... Remember the NOW settings if you decide to Play with it..:newsmile105:

signed....BUBBIE

Lucky You,,,, A nice find... If bike is running to your satisfaction and Not making POP noises when leaving off the throttle (bad thing) along with running Cool(good thing),, It is probably set to do the proper job.... Remember the NOW settings if you decide to Play with it..:newsmile105:

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE,

What is the cause of the POP when letting off the throttle, i have a TFI and it does POP and why is it bad? What can be done to get rid of it by the way?

Thanks!

BUBBIE,

What is the cause of the POP when letting off the throttle, i have a TFI and it does POP and why is it bad? What can be done to get rid of it by the way?

Thanks!

Generally speaking aside from any other problems, the sudden pop on decel is the result of the air being cut off and the unburnt fuel hitting the inside of the hot muffler and it ignites.
Stockers do it but you don't hear it very much. If you follow another bike watch the inside of the outlet on the muffler when they let off the gas. You'll see a blue flame occur in there but it's well muffled with the stock setup.

you need to find if its excess fuel or a lean condition, lean can be sorted by richen up the mixture or finding an exhaust/intake leak.
Some time its excess fuel burning off in the exhaust or as with drag pipes a characteristic of the pipe

Generally speaking aside from any other problems, the sudden pop on decel is the result of the air being cut off and the unburnt fuel hitting the inside of the hot muffler and it ignites.
Stockers do it but you don't hear it very much. If you follow another bike watch the inside of the outlet on the muffler when they let off the gas. You'll see a blue flame occur in there but it's well muffled with the stock setup.

I installed the TFI with factory settings with a small tweak either way and from everything i read the factory settings are on the rich side, which pots would you suggest i adjust to try and stop the popping?

Thanks all

As long as you have no intake or exhaust leaks try raising the green pot 1/4 to 1/2 digit and see what that gives you.

Uh Oh, my 07 FLHRSE pops quite a bit when I let off the throttle, especially at low speeds. I am leaving for a few hundred mile ride in the morning, can this cause any permanent damage? The bike is stock except for the HD race tuner and the previous owner had CFR pipes installed and tuned. I had it at the dealer for an inspection and fluid replacement and they didn't mention any issues.

It shouldn't cause any damage but if you have low restriction mufflers, the popping could be the result of the mufflers themselves.

Back