free website stats program Took Delivery of the 2011 EGC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Took Delivery of the 2011 EGC

Your gonna love your EG, I also had owned a nomad and traded it for my EG, there`s no comparison between the bikes.

Enjoy!!!

Tubguy

Exactly what I said to the wife, no comparison. I figured the Nomad would beat the HD with better suspension--no comparison. The HD soaks up bumps, manhole covers, you name it. In our neighborhood, the driveway - street junction is basically a rounded over curb. Hitting that with the Nomad results in a huge jolt and feels like the curb is pressing the tire into the rim. When I hit it with the HD, didn't even feel it. Unbelievable.

And the engine. The HD has more power (even at 20 miles) and has just another vibes that you feel like you're riding a motorcycle, not strapped onto a sewing machine.

No comparison.

jack

Regarding the deal/negotiation...

They offered me $3500 for the Nomad in trade-in. Other dealers were in the ballpark. I got them up to $4500, then during the final negotiation, pushed for $5000 and got it. And since I was able to sell $700 in the Nomad accessories the day before, I netted $5,700, + the sales tax differential of $400, I figure I got $6100 for the Nomad. Not bad for a soon to be 8 year old metric cruiser.

The way I negotiate goes against the norm. If financing, I set the term (# of months) and the monthly payment (based on what I want to pay for the bike and get in trade-in) and then ask the dealer to make that happen. If they can, great. Otherwise, off to another dealer. It always works, with some compromise. I ended up paying $10 more per month, but I had not figured in the 5yr warranty and doc/registration fees. And still, got within $10 / month.

Now, I got wiggle my way into a Fatboy!!!!! Another $6,000 from another bike sale is burning a hole in my pocket!!!!

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
...Now, I gotta wiggle my way into a Fatboy!!!!! Another $6,000 from another bike sale is burning a hole in my pocket!!!!

Jack

Fatboy...? Looks like your trying to "match" Smitty901...he also has a Fatboy, so you are in good company. Ask him how he likes his...at HDT we are always happy to help you spend your money...wisely of course...! :D

Back