free website stats program too go classic or custom? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

too go classic or custom?

My vote would be to take her back as close to stock as possible. It is somewhat common to see a "modern" motorcycle trying to achieve the retro styling. If you have the means to take the scooter back to the original styling you will indeed have a head-turner on your hands.

You are in quite a position to have that option on your hands.

i can't wait to see any pics that you post.

wow! It seems everyone has the same idea so i guess maybe i should check around and see if i can do this without it breaking me, one problem is that that i cant find a really great pic of a true ariginal 67 electraglide to go by. also money will be ab issue also i trully hate those buddy seats, as my wife will want to be behind me,lol but seems i have alot of work to do . would be just as good to the cosmetics as close as i could without of getting rid of all the chrome thats there such as oil tank side covers primarys rocker boxes which need replacing anyway? thanks for all of the input.

dont rush it take your time as the extra cash comes in ,collect all the parts then lay it up when you have everything , get a good resto book like Palmers resto guide for your bike all the info you will need will be in that book rite down to what bolts are cad plated and what hardware is painted ect ,ect, I dont have any 67 pictures ,but Im going to reinbeck on thursday, if I see a real correct 67 I take some pictures ,Colors offered by HD in 1967 for your bike was .....Black/white ........ Hi fi blue/white 60-67.......crystal blue/white 66-67 ........ birch white..

thanks crocker that would be much appreciated . i can say the paint is definately not original as neither are the disc break on back, the frame was powder coated back in 93 also what i can tell the frame is a 65 the engine a 67 the tranny sometime in the 70's ,dang i'll never get to ride this thing lol. thanks again everybody keep the suggestions coming!

wow! It seems everyone has the same idea so i guess maybe i should check around and see if i can do this without it breaking me, one problem is that that i cant find a really great pic of a true ariginal 67 electraglide to go by. also money will be ab issue also i trully hate those buddy seats, as my wife will want to be behind me,lol but seems i have alot of work to do . would be just as good to the cosmetics as close as i could without of getting rid of all the chrome thats there such as oil tank side covers primarys rocker boxes which need replacing anyway? thanks for all of the input.

1967 FLH 1200 Shrine have a look at this one:s

thanks alot jack for the link. we can see pretty good what we have to do but my wife just said we were not getting rid of all the chrome [ her favorite color is chrome ] lol!!! plus we both dislike that dang seat. our biggest expense we think will be taking off the rear disc break and reinstalling the drum type. and finding pipes that will still look good and sound great.plus the engine has a s&s carb and s&s oil pump i need to find out if they make a oil sensor to fit that pump so my light will work. oh by the way , found out the frame is a 65 and engine is 67 will that hurt value?

thanks alot jack for the link. we can see pretty good what we have to do but my wife just said we were not getting rid of all the chrome [ her favorite color is chrome ] lol!!! plus we both dislike that dang seat. our biggest expense we think will be taking off the rear disc break and reinstalling the drum type. and finding pipes that will still look good and sound great.plus the engine has a s&s carb and s&s oil pump i need to find out if they make a oil sensor to fit that pump so my light will work. oh by the way , found out the frame is a 65 and engine is 67 will that hurt value?

Yes and no, it depends on how particular a buyer may be. The closer you get all the rest to stock the more appealing it will be, there should still be a lot of NOS parts out there:s

If you like a lot of chrome, you make like this. :swoon :swoon
You'll certainly have fun trying to keep it clean. A friend sent me that picture and oh boy certainly 'Show Material'.
Wanted to share the 'Chrome' with everyone. You can never have too much of it.
Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just wanted to share.

Attachments

• chrome wing.jpg
    chrome wing.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 17
  • chrome wing 2.jpg
    chrome wing 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
And I thought the glare off my bald head was blinding, wow way to much for me , thanks for the pics and it is perfectly ok to join my threads. lol:laugh maybe i should post im to fat for anyone else in my threads plus my wife wouldnt like that too much hahaha just joking around.

I think most bikers love to see the older bikes, they are the history of our passion and special to see not to mention wonderful to ride. I'm leaving tomorrow for Laconia where there will be thousands of modern bikes but the old one's will always catch my eye and bring back memories. Take care of the bike!!!

Back