free website stats program too go classic or custom? | Harley Davidson Forums

too go classic or custom?

I have a 67 electra glide it has a lot of newer style chrome and some aftermarket parts like ss carb maybe a stroker kit installed , not sure yet. what would the majority of you do? go back to original styling or keep making as close to a heritage style as i can?

Not sure how much you have to due to go back 100% OEM ,but that would be my choice,parts would not be to difficult to obtain for your 67 ,if your 67 has original paint then I would not even hesitate to start the process of a true 100% restoration,just because so many of these bike got chopped up, these days the value of a correct stock bike is bringing in big bucks,but the biggest diffrence is when you enter the restoration world of restoring a classic motrcycle, is that you no longer are the owner of the bike you become a costodian a caretaker in a sense of somthing not seen to much these days and is somthing that is respected and appriceated by many that you took the time to due it rite and bring the bike back to its original heritage of the motor company.the choice is yours good luck with your shovel and enjoy it no matter what you decide.

Stock Shovels are hard to come by any more I would find NOS and return the cosmetics back to stock, if it is a stroker motor done right leave it alone and ride that motor:D

If its not to far gone staying close to stock is the thing to do. theres a million other bikes to use out there if you are looking to do a total custom job. I appreciate a good stock oldy. all just opinions though. Its your bike and will be a fun project either way.

Back