free website stats program Tom Tom GPS Mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tom Tom GPS Mount

I have the ram mount for my Tom Tom rider2 ,but I havent taken it or the tom tom out of the box yet so it should last forever.:D

I also use the RAM mount, but mine came with a mount that fits ove the end of the hand control pod by replacing the two screws that hold it together. It works great.

Can you actually hear the Tom Tom while your riding? I have a Road King.

I also use the RAM mount, but mine came with a mount that fits ove the end of the hand control pod by replacing the two screws that hold it together. It works great.

I used the ram mount from garmin for my Nuvi 750. I didn't want the ugly u-bolt so I made a mount bracket.

Nothing about the power cable for the Nuvi. I just bought a cig lighter cord and cut the end off of it. Switched 12v.

I make the handle bar clamp if anyone is interested.

tn192s3.jpg

tn193s3.jpg

The originator of this thread informed us he had made a decision (post 18), so I don't feel I'm hijacking here
What about glare? I often have a problem seeing my screen, even with 100% brightness. I bought a "glare shield", that clips on, but it's only about 1/2" wide, and helps only a little. I see "boaters" shields available for the Garmin Nuvi's, but they look to be about 3" wide, and cumbersome for the touch screen.
What has anyone found in-between these 2 options?

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone,

I've got a Tom Tom One GPS that I would like to mount on my Heritage. I've looked all over for a motorcycle mount for it. Does anyone know if there is such an amimal, and where I can get one?

:33:
Wayne

Have a TomTom One that lasted for a 5,000 mile car trip and 2,000 on my Dyna. Used the handlebar mount with no slippage or other problems, but did wrap electrical tape around the bar before mounting. Was planning to change the mount to another TomTom option when the on/off switch gave up.

At this point I need to either get the special tools to open it up and hope the switch is fixable, or pass the whole thing along. Its sitting in a box right now, so f you need the mounts, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_3859.JPG
    IMG_3859.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Back