free website stats program today is a good day for a 2010 | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

today is a good day for a 2010

Looks like your putting together a nice ride there man. Did the spectro help the 1st gear whine and also did it limit the "clunk" from neutral to first?
doesnt really whine, it clunks all the same. the spectro is good fluid, i am more comfortable with gear lube in there:cheers

picked up the 2010 street glide, black denim, security, thats all for now. pictures later, am finally releived, its been a long process trying to decide if i wanted to pull the trigger, i traded my gsxr 1000 k5 in on the harley, smooth process, feels like a good decision. joining this forum helped alot to prevent being beat over the head by the tricky dealers.. all i have to say is thanks for any and all future info i will be gaining from u veterans of hd, i am a beginner to hd...:hii

I picked up my 2010 Street Glide this past Saturday. Absolutely love it. Already have a 06 Texas Chopper - kept it, so the SG was an addition. I actually took both out for quick 5 miles rides each last night. They both have their strengths and I enjoy riding both of them.

But I have a funny feeling that I'll be riding the SG more.

Congrats on your new bike. I know you've been riding it since Aug, so any issues or any mods since then. I put the SE Nightstick on for exhaust. I think the right bag blocks out most of the sound to me, but my buddies say it's plenty loud when they ride next to me.

Take care and congrats again.

no problems at all.. mods list...
d and d 2 1nto one with the dot approved baffle, just the right amount of loud. had the perforated, it sounded good, just more bark than i like.
se heavy breather.
willies covers.
knurled black grips.
super tuner screamin eagle

jjdh-albums-exhaust+install-picture2704-stage_one.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
up to 3500 miles on the bike now. just changed all the fluids now for winter. gave her a good wash. all luids look good, the primary fluid had some silver to it. should be normal. i tell u what the motorcycle is so addicting, when u start messin with it, more and more ideas keep finding their way through...o well got to love it......:)

I'm just getting ready to ride. We ride in the winter here in Miami cause its to (EDIT) hot in the summer. I noticed your dyno numbers and its the same dyno my HD dealer uses. I have stage 1 with Super tuner , AF and SE slip on and I fell at 85ft lbs torq and 74 hp. Im thinking maybe the pipe is the difference. We have the exact same set up. Love the sound of my pipe when you get on it but I think its too quiet otherwise. And the (EDIT) thing keeps comming loose at the clamp. I cranked it down pretty good today. Gonna have to put some loctite if it continues. Great looking ride JJDH.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
just got done installing the lowering springs in the forks. absolutely love it, little bit closer to flat footed. put the willie covers on, heavy breather.i also used spectro type e fork oil. the heavier fluid really improves the ride. exhaust is next... :D

Oh-oh another HD owner with an infamous case of CHROME-ITUS...:newsmile100:

As I have said before, consider wants and needs as separate lists. When buying use the tools at your disposal: research, check personal finance limit and negotiate to get the best deal. Don't forget opportunity and timing play a role, buying and selling is based on emotions...that is why the dealer/sales person has you at a disadvantage. Do not let them run a credit check until AFTER you have agreed on Firm, Fixed Price and go over each charge like a hawk...just remember how painful the paperwork regarding real estate or fine print agreements. :s

Last edited:
hey Smitty, are you picking on me again?? :newsmile100: (just cleaning and modding.....this past summer it seemed like I cleaned more than rode and now I'm modding more than I'll ride next season!)

But to your more important point:

I would never presume to tell anyone how to handle their personal finances, but there's not a time I'm at my local dealer that I don't overhear a salesman talking to a prospective new bike customer about 72 month financing.

SEVENTY TWO MONTHS??????

Are you KIDDING??

At the risk of seeming critical, I would take the position that if a buyer needs SIX YEARS of financing at the insane MoCo interest rates, then brother, they need to be saving more before buying, or looking at all the fantastic deals on USED bikes!

I just can't imagine any justification for financing ANY vehicle longer than it will have any real value.

This applies even more to cars than our Harleys. By the time you pay off a 6 year loan (and some offer even longer!), what is that car worth? NOTHING!

As Smitty has often said, save your money and pay cash, or at least, for many of us, more realistically, save enough to put a very healthy down payment on that loan!

If the us is the same as the uk then the salesman is on commission for selling the finance as well as the bike and the longer the finance deal the higher the commission remember the salesman has a hobby to finance also so he is looking after his own needs not the customers
I always save and buy with cash

Brian

well i did a 7 year loan, with a 7000 dollar trade for down payment. i like my monthly payment at 25o for these kind of things.. through the research before i purchased, it took 3 mnths to decide.. i found that the harley shops have terrible interest rates because they add 3 points to your interest rate. most people dont know this.. i flat out asked the loan guy if they do that, he thought bout it and said.............yes we do.. so i said........... well i have A1credit and refuse to purchase if u are going to add to my interest rate above what my credit score earns..... we negotiated.... he added 1 percent to the loan ...thats it... i will have the bike paid off well before that. my rate is 9.5 on a 7 yr fixed. 250 a month...:a

well i did a 7 year loan, with a 7000 dollar trade for down payment. i like my monthly payment at 25o for these kind of things.. through the research before i purchased, it took 3 mnths to decide.. i found that the harley shops have terrible interest rates because they add 3 points to your interest rate. most people dont know this.. i flat out asked the loan guy if they do that, he thought bout it and said.............yes we do.. so i said........... well i have A1credit and refuse to purchase if u are going to add to my interest rate above what my credit score earns..... we negotiated.... he added 1 percent to the loan ...thats it... i will have the bike paid off well before that. my rate is 9.5 on a 7 yr fixed. 250 a month...:a

The dealer that i pick my bike form found me 5.75% on 5 years @ $190
I hope you know the first 4 years most of your payment gose to interst:newsmile042:

Back