free website stats program To wave or not to wave | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

To wave or not to wave

i wave, but i know why Wing riders dont wave they making a coffee at the same time as adjusting the cruise control and looking for the auto wave button:rofl
Dialing in the satellite radio....checking out whats on the tv...Setting the landing gear, flaps up..throttles back...turns on the "seat belt" sign..trays up, all personal electronic devices turned off...Seats to the up right position...:rofl No time to wave...

Cool, thanks Hobbit. I didn't want folks to think I was intentionally snubbing them. :D

I wondered that myself, but I figured as long as I tried to acknowledge them in some way, I was relieved of my own personal guilt.

Shoot I wave at everyone...special the Cops on bikes...I honestly think they enjoy it ...we do wave to everyone..and to those that don't ..I agree no biggie...but I honestly think many just are too busy concentrating on riding they don't see the wave..I personally have missed a few I know coz watching traffic are watching intersection..or a girl on the side walk...Opps Did I say that?...lol:D

I like the idea of waving to cops. Never would thought of that.

What I find ironic is that when I had my metric cruiser only the metric guys would wave. I thought the HD guys were stuck up.

Wow was I wrong !!!! I remember the first day I took BIG BLUE for a ride. I got more waves that day from HD riders than I got the last 8 yrs of riding my metric cruiser.

For me waving is a personel thing. There far are too many distractions on the road without having to worry about "DO I WAVE OR NOT".

I do not wave in the city.
I do not wave to riders seperated by a medium on the road
I do not wave to riders if more than 4 lanes.

I do stop for rider's in trouble on the side of the highway.

special the Cops on bikes...I honestly think they enjoy it

Our dept.'s motor officers I know love to ride. They're even more stoked that they're replacing a few of the BMWs with new Harleys as well.

I doubt they'd wave back though, because they're too busy running radar.:x

Back