free website stats program To Re-tire or Not to Re-tire? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

To Re-tire or Not to Re-tire?

I vote for the black tires, matches the wheels better. But no matter what anyone thinks go with the one that makes you smile the most. You can't go wrong, good looking wheels.

Cant see the tyres when you are riding and the blackwalls are cheeper here and i am a Scotsman and the black works well with the rest
so get the white walls just to be difficult:)

Brian

After reading everyone's reply and their opinion whether the blackwall or the whitewall looks best with my new Thunderstar alloy wheels, I still like the whitewalls.

Since the whitewall tires had only 5K miles on them and were re-used I will allow these to remain and run them until it's time for new tires and at that time I'll decide if I should go all blackwall. True, though, that the blackwall tires are "cheaper" and it is something to consider. Maybe in a year or two when these tires are worn out I'll see things differently and go blackwall.

When I get the bike outdoors, hopefully tomorrow, I'll take some pictures of the entire bike and you'll see it in its' entirety. Maybe it'll look better when seeing the total bike rather than just the wheel itself.

Thanks for your opinions.

Attached is a picture of the bike. Does it look better with the whitewalls and the new wheels viewing the entire bike?

I would probably get blackwall tires when the time comes to replace them just to save some money!

The saddlebags are off because I just installed the "Got Saggy Bags" kit and to see the wheels in the photo.

Attachments

• full_view.jpg
    full_view.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
Attached is a picture of the bike. Does it look better with the whitewalls and the new wheels viewing the entire bike?

I would probably get blackwall tires when the time comes to replace them just to save some money!

The saddlebags are off because I just installed the "Got Saggy Bags" kit and to see the wheels in the photo.

Your bike looks realy nice. I realy do like your wheels..Good choice:D

I like the Whitewall look, the heritage was meant to capture the old school cruiser image and whitewalls make the picture complete. The bike looks fantastic with both black or whitewalls, so it will definitly come down to what makes you proud to be on her most. Funny story...I got my 08 in August of 2010 with only 4200 miles on her. Great things happen in August Huh?:bigsmiley12: For the record, I was able to get a 2 hr ride in on Wednesday of last week...now we are back into snowy/sleet and heavy rain storms...grrr.

Since mat60 asked, here are two pictures of the bike with new wheels. A friend didn't like the whitewalls with the new wheels. Compare the two pics. The blackwall version is an edited version of the whitewall pic. What do you all think looks the best? I will not sway opinions by indicating my preference until the "voting" is in. :taunt

My thoughts on white walls is that a softail deluxe or heritage softail were born to have the classic look of white walls! Road King as well looks fantastic with whites!!!!! I ride a superglide now but when I get the road king it WILL HAVE WHITES!!!!!

Sure is a lot of discussion on a pretty straightforward question. Can't imagine being in that situation and not replacing the tires. IMHO, it's just not worth the risk.

Back