free website stats program Tire problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire problem

Hello,I ride a 99 Dyna Wide Glide and am in need of a rear tire.Went to local dealer and was quoted price of approx 250.00-300.00 for tire and install.Does that sound about right or can i buy one off internet and put it in myself .Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,rks959

Brian (his post above with pics) is the tire and wheel balance guy that showed me everything about tires. If you follow his instructions you can do it yourself.

As far as the dealer, you should probably call around to neighboring towns. I have a dealer 30 mins ride up north and east of me that is much better prices than my local in town dealer. I got a flat rear fixed there last time I got hauled in (Dyna SB) and it was around $200 for the rear tire, tube, balance and install out the door.

Online you can get a new one for around 125.00 my dealer will install for 90.00
I just bring the bike and tire in and they dismount and remount. Much easier that way for me anyway.

changing your bikes tires is really an easy job. I won't pay the steeler to do it for sure. Here are some good vids on changing and balancing your own tires. The right tools and a little patience will save you a ton a bucks. DIY watch SCUDMAN on youtube in his series of vids on how to change your bikes tires and balance. Real easy to do. Took me about 45 minutes to change and balance both my tires. Good luck and ride safe

Back