Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Michelin

Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
Well I wore out the Michelins at 10,000 miles. I think that being on a fast highway most of the time wore them out fast. I never burn rubber, but I do the speed limit (+5, 10 mph.) Lots of 80 mph (130 kmh), but average about 60 to 70 mph. I ride solo mostly, but had about 70 lbs (at the most) of baggage when on frequent road trips. No issues, no drama, no adventures, then I noticed the tire slipping in the rain goin up hill. The bottom was almost bald, but the side treads were about 50%
Should a rear tire ware out at 10,000 miles under these conditions????

Well I wore out the Michelins at 10,000 miles. I think that being on a fast highway most of the time wore them out fast. I never burn rubber, but I do the speed limit (+5, 10 mph.) Lots of 80 mph (130 kmh), but average about 60 to 70 mph. I ride solo mostly, but had about 70 lbs (at the most) of baggage when on frequent road trips. No issues, no drama, no adventures, then I noticed the tire slipping in the rain goin up hill. The bottom was almost bald, but the side treads were about 50%
Should a rear tire ware out at 10,000 miles under these conditions????
Sounds to me like over-inflated.

After long time and many miles and 3 Harleys used and sold on Dunlop I've decided to change stock to Metz Marathon 880. Now I'm very upset: WHY I didn't do it before. My FXDF fight with coners much better and faster.

Benn using Dunlop 402s on the Road King since I got it and no complaints so far. Getting around 12000 miles on a rear and double that on front.:D

Hello All.
Dunlops front/ \rear. First set still looked good at 14500. Changed out because I ride long haul...x-counrty. Current set has 7000 and look fine. Have had bike two years this Febuary.

Back