free website stats program ThunderMax Questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ThunderMax Questions

So, like I said I'm still playn with the settings, it gets a little better with each tweak. Sounds like you had to do several "adjustments" too. By the way, there in nothing mechanically wrong with my bike, it ran fine before I installed the Tmax. My butt dyno tells me that it has more HP and Torque with the Tmax.
My only concern still holds, The Tmax Tuner with auto tune is not a "plug and play" unit, in every case, the inital installation is simple but for anyone buyn this unit they need to be aware that there a good chance that they will need to, through the process of trial and error, set it up to work on their particular bike. The Auto Tune feature optimizes and adjusts the fuel mixture, learns, sets points and re-adjust as needed. This a wonderful feature. But after you have installed the unit and downloaded your map, your are probobly going to need to do some more adjusting via the trial and error method. I'm not sure everyone who is thinking about installing the Tmax Tuner understands this, dosen't sound like Charlie or Steel Bullet knew that, I didn't know it when I bought it. Some people would have a problem with this. As for me, I might have had second thought's about buying this thing if I Knew that I would have to go through this process. I suppose it'll be worth it in the end, it's just a little painful to me having my $30K motorcycle do things that it shouldn't because I put a $1000 "self tuning" ECM on it. I'm not running down the Tmax. I'm just saying they should be a little clearer on what's involved with this unit.

My map is far from close to the zippers map I settled on, it was chosen for being closest to the Andrews 26H intake opening. It gave the smoothest idle.

The timing, AFR's and base settings are altered. I find it an easy tool to change these settings, the good thing is if you don't like the performance with the new changes it can be changed back to the previous settings in minutes, no harm done.
It's more friendly then tuning a carbureted bike, also cleaner.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

i recently installed thundermax on my 2011 103 street glide and had to pull it off and send it back per zippers request after getting it back from them it idles rough and coughs thru the air cleaner, they sent me a new updated map to install and now my scooter wont even start:bigsmiley19: i'm done pulled it off the bike put stock ecm back on and the bike still wont start zippers said it was not starting due to low battery voltage. its not going back on the bike have had nothing but problems from this unit

i recently installed thundermax on my 2011 103 street glide and had to pull it off and send it back per zippers request after getting it back from them it idles rough and coughs thru the air cleaner, they sent me a new updated map to install and now my scooter wont even start:bigsmiley19: i'm done pulled it off the bike put stock ecm back on and the bike still wont start zippers said it was not starting due to low battery voltage. its not going back on the bike have had nothing but problems from this unit

You may have to do the password relearn so the ECM can"shake hands" with the other components.

Harley Davidson Community

Back