free website stats program Thunder max | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder max

I've got a TMAT on my '07 SE Ultra & I love it!

The tuning options are great and if you've got access to a dyno machine, it can be dialed it even better.
(I got to use the dyno at New Orleans HD dealer & got 13hp/16tq more after several months of learning ALL the settings)

Some dealers don't like the Thundermax & may not want to warranty motor issues if you use it.

Were the changes needed in timing or fuel?

Al

I've got a TMAT on my '07 SE Ultra & I love it!

The tuning options are great and if you've got access to a dyno machine, it can be dialed it even better.
(I got to use the dyno at New Orleans HD dealer & got 13hp/16tq more after several months of learning ALL the settings)

Some dealers don't like the Thundermax & may not want to warranty motor issues if you use it.

Not knocking your choice but most any tuner with the slip on's and stage one will return 10-12 HP and additional torque too.
I don't give the T Max much credit for mapping out your bike and adjusting the parameters on its own after the installation and several months of riding with it installed if you could pull that much more out of it.
What smoothing did you use and was it SAE numbers you are quoting? Did you do a before and after run and I'd be curious what the numbers were before and after?

The dealers that don't like the T Max will not work on them because they can't diagnose a problem using the factory DTC codes.

Not knocking your choice but most any tuner with the slip on's and stage one will return 10-12 HP and additional torque too.
I don't give the T Max much credit for mapping out your bike and adjusting the parameters on its own after the installation and several months of riding with it installed if you could pull that much more out of it.
What smoothing did you use and was it SAE numbers you are quoting? Did you do a before and after run and I'd be curious what the numbers were before and after?

The dealers that don't like the T Max will not work on them because they can't diagnose a problem using the factory DTC codes.
Actually The Factory DTC codes still work the same. Don't ask my why but the do. I went with the T-max, not trying to get great HP #'s but maximize my HP along with my fuel mileage and with the T-max I've found that pretty easy to do. The auto-tuning only affects the A.F.R.. I'm pretty sure there are no adjustments made "on the fly" in the timing.
Also I know some dealers might not like to work on them but I haven't had a problem with that around here. And if there was a problem with the thunder-max it comes with a 3 year warranty. does anyone know if the SERT comes with any warranty.
You are right though Glider, the Thunder-Max doesn't "map" out anyone's bike, it only maintains your A.F.R.. that you can adjust to 32 throttle positions for every 1200 RPM's.

Thanks for that info, I was told the DTC's didn't work the same with the T Max and I have never used one. Good to know.

I've had 2 experiences where I've had to check my codes while I've had the thundermax on. one was when I had aftermarket spark plug wires and they threw a code, and the other was when my speedo stopped working. I checked the the DTC codes on the rode and came up with lost signal to ecm or something like that, I cant remember exactly. It fixed it's self when I shut off the bike and turned it back on. I thought it was the speed sensor but I contacted Zippers and they told me they had a few reports of that happening after loading a new map on to the ecm. They also said if I have anymore trouble with it just send it back and they'll replace it.
I've been thinking about the new Speedometer set up they have it looks pretty trick for the price:D Product List

Thanks for the update. Interesting that they should offer a speedo after some having problems with the TMax installed. Nice looking unit in any event.

neat looking speedo whats the price i didnt see one listed
$500 bucks. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering what it does. I don't know if you have to have the T-max to run it, but I have it anyway so 500 bucks seemed like a good deal to me.

Oh, by the way Glider.....I've done a firmware upgrade since the Speedo problem and haven't had a problem since.....It's been about 12000 miles since it happened.

$500 bucks. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering what it does. I don't know if you have to have the T-max to run it, but I have it anyway so 500 bucks seemed like a good deal to me.

Oh, by the way Glider.....I've done a firmware upgrade since the Speedo problem and haven't had a problem since.....It's been about 12000 miles since it happened.

Thanks wildspirit, I knew they had a problem with the unit a while back that people were complaining about. Glad it fixed it.

looks like a lot of info i wouldnt mind a tmaxx except the price and that it isnt out for TBW yet

Back