free website stats program Thunder max | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder max

W

wildspirit97

anyone on here running or ever tried the Thundermax with the Auto Tune Module. cost more than the terminal Velocity II by Terry comp. but I see it uses wide band oxygen sensors witch from what I understand are the way to go if your running a closed loop system.:dknow

i'm running the t-max with k&n/fatcat on an 07 streetbob, all else stock. i like it alot, but still getting a little popping on decel, although with the colder weather it's more like a gurgle. the new firmware is going to take care of this if it ever comes out. the bike is smooth, responsive, starts as soon as you hit the starter, it didn't do that stock, and best of all hammers my buddy's superglide with se slipons/ac and whatever flash he's had done.

I have the ThunderMax with the Autotune on my FXDC 07. Running with a set of Rineharts and Stg 1 SE suction. I used map# 403 and the system is on the learning mode in a closed loop. I've only done about 100 miles, popped a bit when I did the first run and then it corrected after a few miles. I haven't been able to try it full throttle in 5th (don't use 6th....), but so far my bike has never run this good, even with my previous set-up running with the PC III-usb. It really does improve the whole rpm range in power/torque.
Expensive? maybe a bit, but really worth it; and no more guess work as it learns and improves itself as you ride!!
BR,
Spanish Flyer

I have the ThunderMax with the Autotune on my FXDC 07. Running with a set of Rineharts and Stg 1 SE suction. I used map# 403 and the system is on the learning mode in a closed loop. I've only done about 100 miles, popped a bit when I did the first run and then it corrected after a few miles. I haven't been able to try it full throttle in 5th (don't use 6th....), but so far my bike has never run this good, even with my previous set-up running with the PC III-usb. It really does improve the whole rpm range in power/torque.
Expensive? maybe a bit, but really worth it; and no more guess work as it learns and improves itself as you ride!!
BR,
Spanish Flyer

can ya do me a favor when you get more time on it post what kind of mileage you get with that. I'm probably getting one this spring but I'm curious about the mileage part.

I am going to install my thundermax on my 08 Street Bob and want to know if there is anything I need to watch out for. I dont want to tear up any parts on my new bike. I thought I had seen something about the physical removal of the stock ECM bolts or something like that but I cant find the post now.

You can go to there site and download the install manual for your model, there is not much to due its simple ,should take not more then 2 hrs from start to getting on the road , it takes about 200 miles before the system learns your riding habits ,ride 20 to 25 miles at a time shut bike down and then start it back up this will make the autotune tune a little quicker then by just going on a long ride , you will feel the diffrence everytime you restart your bike, there are a lot of maps make sure you pick the closest map to your setup this will make a faster tune by doing this, you can really install any map but it will take longer for the autotune to due its thing, As for popping issues there should be none if you do have decel popping you either a have air leak or you did not turn the decel popping feature ON in the basic setting when you loaded your map, because the decel popping feature actuly turns the fuel off on decel that you adjust where in the rpm range you want the fuel cut off and cut back in .So with this feature you should no wey by any means have a decel popping issue with the Thundermax ECM.If you do have issues you can do a live data ride then in your smartlink software just click the send button it will go directly to Zippers tech dept they will review it that day and send you back a email after review and if they see somthing they will give you direction on excatly how to rectify your issue.

I've got a TMAT on my '07 SE Ultra & I love it!

The tuning options are great and if you've got access to a dyno machine, it can be dialed it even better.
(I got to use the dyno at New Orleans HD dealer & got 13hp/16tq more after several months of learning ALL the settings)

Some dealers don't like the Thundermax & may not want to warranty motor issues if you use it.

I am new hear but I am gladI came in. I have been thinking of the Thunderma for my o7 ultra, stage 2, and this settles it. thanks

Thunder max is the way to go. Just remember if you mess with the battery pull the fuse then disconect the battery

Back