free website stats program Throttle sticking? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle sticking?

You may want to review the maintenance section regarding the adjustment of the DUAL cable throttle system (push/pull) was done properly, lubed and feels equally "balanced"...I think there was also a video, but do have the dealer check it as it is in warranty and for safety sake. :s

Doesn't the 08 Roadking have TBW

As mentioned above, loosen the throttle assembly just enough to move it aft to give the required play in the grip. It may have moved forward after the job was done and just now it's causing the problem.

Glider can you point me to the maintenance section mentioned above. Can't seem to locate it. Thanks

As mentioned above, loosen the throttle assembly just enough to move it aft to give the required play in the grip. It may have moved forward after the job was done and just now it's causing the problem.

Sorry, my bad I did not check the year of his ride...:(

With throttle by wire it could even be the sequence he shuts the ignition off or software glitch...if not the mechanical sticking already eluded to:28:

Last edited:
I brought the bike in to my dealer today to check it out. The throttle seemed to work find. However,,,being the great dealership they are, they didn't want to take a chance and see me get hurt (just in case). They insisted on replacing the electronic control part in the grip, put it on a computer check, and looked it over real good. I think I couldn't ask for anything more.

Back