free website stats program Throttle sticking? | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle sticking?

dogdad

I was on a run today and noticed that at times if I let go of the throttle ,, it would stay at that position. Didn't expect this and it caught me by surprise the first time. Is there a recall on this? 08 RKC

I was on a run today and noticed that at times if I let go of the throttle ,, it would stay at that position. Didn't expect this and it caught me by surprise the first time. Is there a recall on this? 08 RKC

No recall i have heard of Have you changed the grips?

Yes dealer changed grips while back,,never had a problem before.....and the cruise works fine. When released the throttle position just stayed there. I had to re- grip and throttle down. Happened doing 35-55 range that I noticed this.

Yes dealer changed grips while back,,never had a problem before.....and the cruise works fine. When released the throttle position just stayed there. I had to re- grip and throttle down. Happened doing 35-55 range that I noticed this.

You know if you take it back and tell them it's sticking they'll say it isn't the grips even if it is. They'll make something up just to charge you.

I would think if "they" changed the grips and it "was" the grips they would fix it for free. If it's not the grips then it's a warranty issue and they should still fix it for free. I'd at least take it to 'em and see what they say.

I planned to bring it in tomorrow to let them look at it. I was just wondering if others had this problem.

IMO it's gotta be something in the grip.....There's no throttle cable so I don't know what else it could be:dknow

When I changed my grips I did not leave enough play. About a week later the throttle stuck on me several times. I had to loosen the throttle switch housing and move it out towards the end of the handle bar to give the grip the required play. (approx 1/16 inch) No problems since then. But I still wonder why it took a week for it to start sticking. It will darn sure get your attention though.

You may want to review the maintenance section regarding the adjustment of the DUAL cable throttle system (push/pull) was done properly, lubed and feels equally "balanced"...I think there was also a video, but do have the dealer check it as it is in warranty and for safety sake. :s

Back