free website stats program Thoughts on Extended Service Warranty | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thoughts on Extended Service Warranty

I bought mine after the original warranty was running out. I had a tach go out on my 09 flhtc and thought if I have more things like this give problems the extended warranty might be useful. But like others have said, if no problem it is a waste of money. Kinda like insurance if you don't use it well you get the picture. I mean no one wants trouble with their motorcycle but sometimes stuff happens. Just a little piece of mind when you are out riding.. Just my 2 cents worth...

:D Got my brakes fixed again today for the 50.00 deductible:s

On my 2000 Road King @ 67k
Complete top end overhaul
Replaced throttle body and all M&M injection componets

On my 08 Road Glide from 25k to 51k when I traded
Too many problems to list, at the very least 25 trips to the shop for leaks.

On my 11 Road Glide. 2 tires due road hazards. I have the ESP and 6.5 more years NOT to worry about anything.

In a nutshell, yes I highly recommend the ESP

We bought 2 used bikes in August and got warranties on both because they were used. It has paid for itself on my bike and we have yet to use it on her bike. Being our first HD's, and used, by the time it runs out I will have the tools and the knowledge to do most everything that needs to be done.
It is just a simple personal choice and the opinion of everyone here is read and respected.
Be Safe
:TEXAS

I'm glad I got the extended on mine.
2 tires and one compensator on the factory warranty.
2 tires on road hazard on the extended.
1 compensator
1 crankshaft
1 fuel line
And I noticed today on the way back from St.Augustine that the rear rocker box has developed a leak.I re-torqued it when I got back to the cottage,but we will see.

Back