free website stats program Those funny numbers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Those funny numbers

there is a table in the appendix section of the manual that tells you the location of connectors in relation to the number on the wiring diagram, ie under seat, left frame rail.
I had not come across that table yet. Just looked it up. Thanks, rancid.

there is a table in the appendix section of the manual that tells you the location of connectors in relation to the number on the wiring diagram, ie under seat, left frame rail.

I was quite intimidated by the amount of wires/connectors the first time I removed the seat, and again when I removed the side covers of my FLHT. Being that I am very low on the "HOOPLE meter of electrical competence", :bigsmiley23: I opened my service manual to that appendix and made labels for most of those connectors. Just a little piece of paper attached with scotch tape. If I ever have a roadside problem, I will (hopefully) know which connectors to check for problems, and which to leave alone. I have also labeled every extra wire (TFI, horn relay, MP3, etc.) that I have added.

Breeze has the right idea, if you go to Allied, Mouser, Newark or Radio Shack, they have wire labeling kits that you can annotate the connectors and wires. If nothing else, use label to mark pin 1...those connectors pin # schemes sometimes defy logic...sometimes skipping numbers and letters...:newsmile026:

Excellent idea, NEWHDFAN. I ought to do that until I can get those things memorized. That will take a while so I hope the labels are durable :newsmile040:

Back