free website stats program This is only a test.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

This is only a test..

As i seem to live in my own wee world i never got the Japanese bike thing although i have had a few over the years as a second or third or fourth bike and when i needed a wee bike my preference has always been for a simple 2 cylinder bike triumph, ducati, motto guzzi, bmw, harley
However i do not have a problem with what anyone else rides my only concern is the bikes that i ride but i do appreciate that someone else can love their bike even though it is not to my taste

Brian

Back in 2008, I decided I was going to buy a Touring bike in addition to my Dyna and shovelhead. I decided a G.W. was the smart choice. Big, powerful, lots of onboard electronic accessories. I priced many, and test rode several. Try as I might, I could not bring myself to close a deal on a G.W. I started looking at Electra Glides, and bought on the 2nd one I rode.
I also think the Yamaha Venture Royal is a nice bike.
Funny how we don't have much opinion of each others cars and trucks.

:) I passed about 20 people on little scooters one afternoon in a torrential down pour, pocket protectors and leathers! The forecast that afternoon was for storms throughout the day, yet they were out on a group ride....I was sitting in my work truck admiring their spirit. :D

I think I may be breaking motorcyclist/biker etiquette when I wave to scooter riders because I never get a wave back. If it's got 2 wheels, I wave!

The Goldwing is an awesome bike but not for me. Too electric smooth. I like it rough.

Sounds like someone made a visit to gl1800riders where the fur flies constantly on the topic. I like my Dressers, trikes and Wings. I like the Ford F-150 :D.

No problems from me if you want to compliment/bash Goldwings or Harleys on this forum. I have a Goldwing and a Harley. More than enough to compliment and complain about each bike. And more than enough to make jokes about both bikes, which I love.

I think I may be breaking motorcyclist/biker etiquette when I wave to scooter riders because I never get a wave back. If it's got 2 wheels, I wave!

The Goldwing is an awesome bike but not for me. Too electric smooth. I like it rough.

I wave at scooter riders & bicyclists. Two wheels regardless. :)

I also acknowledge ALL 2 wheel riders. Most of the scooterists over here are young teenagers and probably wonder why I wave to them, because most don't wave back.

On Goldwings, I was visiting my local hardware store back in May. There was a funeral wake of a GW rider at his home (I know this because it was in a local paper), there were about 80 Goldwings parked along the street. I was passing on my HD and all who were outside the house acknowledged me as I rode down that street. Being a sad occasion as it was, it was a great feeling that all bikers are in the same family whatever we ride.
Tom

Back